GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 initial start

Xhytobgs5

Car(s)
Golf R
Bit of a weird one. I have a MK7 Golf 2L on 80k miles. Drives perfectly fine but quite often, on the first startup, it starts then turns off. If I start it again it’ll be fine. Why does it turn off? Stop-start is turned off and it doesn’t crank unusually. Cranks and starts straight away but will turn off straight after startup. If I start it again, it’s ok. Any idea what it could be?

Xhytobgs5

Car(s)
Golf R
looking at the video (link below) it could be something as simple as the battery. What are your opinions. I did connect another car to the golf via jump leads but the starting issue was still the same. Doesn’t do it after the first few starts in the morning. Once’s it’s been driven it starts fine.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
The flickering lights like that I have only seen when I've had a flat/significantly drained battery (but usually accompanied by slow starter motor or non-start). How old is the battery? Would be worth going to get the battery at the least checked for health and/or replacement. Connecting another car via jump leads wouldn't necessarily get rid of the flicker. I think at the least you need to rule out battery before anything else.