GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 Bumper Swap

Pavlos

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7
@Pavlos
I talked with friends from Germany about bumper swap.
If you have FL - Only FL bumper will fit
If you have preFL - Only preFL will fit
I recently swapped one bumper it was MK7 Variant ( It have the same bumper as Hatch)
And the GTI bumper from another car was a direct swap but you need the full bumper. Even the lower lip.
You can also fit "R-LINE" bumper (European market) i dont know it you have that spec do not confuze it with "R".

For the R bumper to fit you will need much more to do.
Thank you so much for your reply. Ive again been at VW here who almost refuse to tell me if it will fit. They just deny any knowledge.

When you say the bottom lip, do you mean the skid tray/retainer? I plan to buy the whole bumper anyway, but just wanted to check.

Also, I assume that it fits on to the carrier and bumper beam of the standard model too/they are the same?

Are you aware of the wheel arch/ wheel housing fittings? are these the same?

Thanks You.

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
In my experience Dealer is the worst way to get any Retrofit advice. I tried 3 times.

i mean this skid tray on the picture

As i said Gti and R-line bumper will fit it is a direct swap everything fits.
Only the R Bumper is different.

If you want Fog lights for Gti, the OEM ones have different pin connector and they are expensive. Buy them from Aliexpress they are like 80$ pair with Qc and CE control and they are PLUG and PLAY.

Attachments

• D2569851-866D-4D0B-8F43-A1D238FEED44.jpeg
    D2569851-866D-4D0B-8F43-A1D238FEED44.jpeg
    600.8 KB · Views: 120

J15 OSS

Car(s)
BMW Vw
I’m literally doing this lol! Just bought a RLine bumper and now I’ve seen this about the lower lip/ undertray OMG arghh! Surly I can use the undertray from the TSI bumper that I will be removing ? Put that tray on the RLine and then everything screws back together ?