GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 (Base model) ACC RETROFIT ! DIY

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Both for ACC, but if you have 5Q gateway you must prefer N, if you have 3Q gateway and navigation you can buy AE
Would I be able to use the AE version on my car even with a 5Q gateway?

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
You can, just you can not switch between ACC and Speed limiter mode, and view buttons will not work.
Ok, I ordered a new 5G0 959 442 N. After I install I will work to have the ACC activated remotely.

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
One important question for you @doctor
I have the 5Q0 front camera.
And i want pACC so i need to change the camera for 3Q0.
The camera is physically different. Do I need to change the windshield ? Or just the bracket for the camera? Or it will fit to the existing bracket?

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
One important question for you @doctor
I have the 5Q0 front camera.
And i want pACC so i need to change the camera for 3Q0.
The camera is physically different. Do I need to change the windshield ? Or just the bracket for the camera? Or it will fit to the existing bracket?
Hey, yes it is completely different so you will need new windshield and new mirror trims. And also ABS must be support it.

rahankuivaaja

Car(s)
2014 Golf Variant
Hi,

I am planning to retrofit ACC to my 2014 Golf Variant if it is possible. So do you know if these parts are compatible?

I have the following modules / parts:

ABS Brakes: 5Q0 907 379 AA
I also have electronic parking brake

CAN Gateway High: 5G0 907 530 M

MIB1 Radio module: 5G0 035 819 A

I am planning to buy these modules / parts if retrofitting is possible:

ACC Radar: 5Q0 907 561 D

ACC Socket: 4F0 972 708

Also do I need front facing camera too in order to make ACC work? I don't know what rear ABS sensors I have yet but could it be found out from the ABS module PN itself?

Thanks.

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Hi,

I am planning to retrofit ACC to my 2014 Golf Variant if it is possible. So do you know if these parts are compatible?

I have the following modules / parts:

ABS Brakes: 5Q0 907 379 AA
I also have electronic parking brake

CAN Gateway High: 5G0 907 530 M

MIB1 Radio module: 5G0 035 819 A

I am planning to buy these modules / parts if retrofitting is possible:

ACC Radar: 5Q0 907 561 D

ACC Socket: 4F0 972 708

Also do I need front facing camera too in order to make ACC work? I don't know what rear ABS sensors I have yet but could it be found out from the ABS module PN itself?

Thanks.
Yes all parts are compatible. You don't need front camera but you have to change rear abs sensors, part numbers WHT003864A/B/C

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Many features depend on multiple parts working together. For instance pACC requires Radar, Camera and Infotainment (nav) to work together. Of course ACC by itself already requires the proper ABS.

So making sure the parts you have are compatible for the feature you want is the most important part. The latest Radar (with "more" SWAP codes) does you no good if you still have the older 5Q0 camera, as an example.

Tarawsc

Car(s)
Golf 7.5
Many features depend on multiple parts working together. For instance pACC requires Radar, Camera and Infotainment (nav) to work together. Of course ACC by itself already requires the proper ABS.

So making sure the parts you have are compatible for the feature you want is the most important part. The latest Radar (with "more" SWAP codes) does you no good if you still have the older 5Q0 camera, as an example.
I have mk7.5 I am
Going to retrofit 2q camera
I have Navi
As I know can
Be activated pACC
But still interested if can be bicycle protection people protection ?!

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
I have mk7.5 I am
Going to retrofit 2q camera
I have Navi
As I know can
Be activated pACC
But still interested if can be bicycle protection people protection ?!
If you don't have KLR steering, the 2Q camera won't bring you any extra. Also the activation code is expensive on 2Q.