GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk7 1.4tsi manual clutch upgrade?

Oisinmcaliskey

Hi, I’m in need of a clutch upgrade for my 1.4tsi 140ps as I have had it mapped to around 190bhp with high flow panel filter and sports exhaust, has anyone upgraded the clutch? If so can you drop a link on where you got one, thanks

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
From the research I have done, nobody makes one. Just go easy on the standing starts, & learn to change gear better..

The nearest is a ZF Sachs "Performance X-tend" clutch which is rated at +15% more than OEM..& I contacted them & they don't give out the torque rating....

Part number = 3000.970.074-S ...is what I found...

Oisinmcaliskey

From the research I have done, nobody makes one. Just go easy on the standing starts, & learn to change gear better..

The nearest is a ZF Sachs "Performance X-tend" clutch which is rated at +15% more than OEM..& I contacted them & they don't give out the torque rating....

Part number = 3000.970.074-S ...is what I found...
thanks, a lot I plan to go stage 2. would it be worthwhile upgrading the clutch with the one you have listed? thanks

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
thanks, a lot I plan to go stage 2. would it be worthwhile upgrading the clutch with the one you have listed? thanks

YES!!!!.....

I will be going stage 1 Revo (98RON only map) soon & having the torque electronically limited in the first 2 gears..& I'm gentle on the clutch as still on stock, not swapping to the ZF Sachs until mine goes!!

What are you doing for stage "2"?....Not much "off the shelf"...there is the FMIC conversion blanking plate & some have custom fabricated plates to mount a GTI turbo....

Oisinmcaliskey

Hi Dave, I have a stage 1 map from Celtic tuning, I’m running 98 Ron as well and also a racing line panel filter, I’m getting around 190bhp, I found a bigger turbo for the 1.4tsi, its a hybrid turbo charger which can take up to 250bhp!!! I also found a bull x decat downpipe which bolts straight on to the 1.4tsi outlet, I plan to go stage 2 soon with a forge motorsport High flow induction kit, the downpipe and another Ecu map from Celtic tuning? I then plan to go stage 3 with a front mount inter cooler using the blanking plate and also fitting the hybrid turbo and better sparkplugs, also I plant to add a forge blow off valve and silicone pipes👍🏻

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi Dave, I have a stage 1 map from Celtic tuning, I’m running 98 Ron as well and also a racing line panel filter, I’m getting around 190bhp, I found a bigger turbo for the 1.4tsi, its a hybrid turbo charger which can take up to 250bhp!!! I also found a bull x decat downpipe which bolts straight on to the 1.4tsi outlet, I plan to go stage 2 soon with a forge motorsport High flow induction kit, the downpipe and another Ecu map from Celtic tuning? I then plan to go stage 3 with a front mount inter cooler using the blanking plate and also fitting the hybrid turbo and better sparkplugs, also I plant to add a forge blow off valve and silicone pipes👍🏻

Forge Motorsport stuff..looks nice not much gain for the £££...

To be honest you might be better off forgetting the Forge airbox/& turbo to TB pipework.....& instead spending the same or less on buying the OEM parts to move the air box from on top of the intake manifold to the space in front of the battery..just like the GTI/R...makes the air cooler ..especially since the intake manifold will no longer have cooling if you intend to move the cooler to a FMIC...

VW changed this when using "our" engine on the new Tiguan & the current USA spec Jetta...

also use the slam panel from the jetta as it has the air flow flap which is a slightly better version of the full GTE slam panel mod...

I have an ITG panel filter (you have the rebranded more expensive VWR one)..also done the GTE slam panel mod to make it a full CAI...also fitted Zircoflex two layer heat shield to the underside of the turbo to TB pipe & the underside of the "panpipes".....also DEI gold foil wrapped the ignition coil wiring to protect from heat damage...also running Castrol Edee 0w40 (A3/B4)..& also running Fuchs Titan Sintofluid FE SAE 75w in the gearbox...still on standard spec spark plugs as nothing performance made to fit..

Nobody makes a decent full exhaust for my estate..Supersprint do bits, but its serious ££££....& I'm not chasing top figures...just more like allowing the engine to naturally flex its muscles as the ECU is strangling the fueling at the moment..

Krullo

Car(s)
2017 1.4 TSI 6MT GSW
Forge Motorsport stuff..looks nice not much gain for the £££...

To be honest you might be better off forgetting the Forge airbox/& turbo to TB pipework.....& instead spending the same or less on buying the OEM parts to move the air box from on top of the intake manifold to the space in front of the battery..just like the GTI/R...makes the air cooler ..especially since the intake manifold will no longer have cooling if you intend to move the cooler to a FMIC...

VW changed this when using "our" engine on the new Tiguan & the current USA spec Jetta...

also use the slam panel from the jetta as it has the air flow flap which is a slightly better version of the full GTE slam panel mod...

I have an ITG panel filter (you have the rebranded more expensive VWR one)..also done the GTE slam panel mod to make it a full CAI...also fitted Zircoflex two layer heat shield to the underside of the turbo to TB pipe & the underside of the "panpipes".....also DEI gold foil wrapped the ignition coil wiring to protect from heat damage...also running Castrol Edee 0w40 (A3/B4)..& also running Fuchs Titan Sintofluid FE SAE 75w in the gearbox...still on standard spec spark plugs as nothing performance made to fit..

Nobody makes a decent full exhaust for my estate..Supersprint do bits, but its serious ££££....& I'm not chasing top figures...just more like allowing the engine to naturally flex its muscles as the ECU is strangling the fueling at the moment..

Do you happen to have the part number for the Jetta slam panel? Been looking at doing the intake mod to my 1.4 GSW.

Cheers

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Do you happen to have the part number for the Jetta slam panel? Been looking at doing the intake mod to my 1.4 GSW.

Cheers

The new version which goes to the air box which sits in front of the battery like the GTI/R?....you will also ned the air box, & to move several coolant pipes & get new ones.......

Or are you talking about the GTE slam panel..or just modify your existing slam panel to the GTE spec like I did?

Krullo

Car(s)
2017 1.4 TSI 6MT GSW
The new version which goes to the air box which sits in front of the battery like the GTI/R?....you will also ned the air box, & to move several coolant pipes & get new ones.......

Or are you talking about the GTE slam panel..or just modify your existing slam panel to the GTE spec like I did?

I feel like the full air box conversion is a bit overkill for the time being so I was gonna do the "Full GTE" mod, i.e. without the rain baffles.

But yea, think I misunderstood your previous comment and I'm guessing that you can't use the Jetta slam panel you mentioned without doing the full air box modification then!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I feel like the full air box conversion is a bit overkill for the time being so I was gonna do the "Full GTE" mod, i.e. without the rain baffles.

But yea, think I misunderstood your previous comment and I'm guessing that you can't use the Jetta slam panel you mentioned without doing the full air box modification then!

The Jetta slam panel might be usable with your existing parts..I don't know for 100% certain...the right hand side pipework you have to swap over...

5Q0 129 254 A or E ...I think is the part number.