GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Mk 7 replacement parcel shelf cord and "toggle".

caddyman

Car(s)
Golf Mk 7 Facelift
Hello all. New on here so hope it's going to be a useful forum for help and advice 'cos I need some already! Not the biggest problem in the world but nonetheless annoying!

Somehow I've broken one of the parcel shelf cord "toggles": the toggle being the rubberised/plastic ball/propellor-like thing with 12-"fins" which hangs by the cord, through the shelf, on the underside of the parcel shelf. Normally I wouldn't bother replacing such a thing especially as it's out of sight but I've noticed that the parcel shelf now rattles badly without it so I've sourced an exact replacement cord and toggle. Trouble is, this replacement is complete, with no fitting instructions. It has the loop at one end and toggle at the other with no obvious way of separating the parts. So, how do I fit it!?
Do I somehow loosen the new cord from the new toggle (how?), thread the cord through the shelf then reattach the new toggle, or should I do something at the looped end of the cord?

Any advice appreciated.
Cheers

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Based on this image, it looks like there may be a plug in the underside of the "toggle" which you should be able to pull out in order to fit it to the parcel shelf. Hopefully this helps.

1636576759740.png