GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Mark 7 2.0 TDI - electronic parking brake adjusment?

ravi

Hi,
My first post here as a new mark 7 owner! I've just taken it to my local VW dealer (not where I bought it from) to have the app-connect activated for CarPlay and they've done a complimentary vehicle health check, which apparently showed that the handbrake/parking brake needed adjustment because there was too much slack/movement? She then said my rear brakes could seize up if I don't get it done for £45. I couldn't find anything on the search about parking brake adjustment so hopefully someone can advise me if I could get it done elsewhere cheaper or if its necessary? no warning lights showed up on the dash.
cheers guys

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I call bullshit....

The parking brake is electronic & self adjusts..there are NO cables...

The ONLY thing that can be done is connecting ODB11, VCDS or the dealer VW tool to wind the motors back & reset them...but that is only required if you have changed the pads/discs/motor/caliper…..

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
As golfdave writes, there is not any adjustments to do regarding electric handbrake. Just the winding function needed for replacement of rear brake pads (or other details). Have done it my self several times on Golf 7 using VCDS.

/Peter

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I call bullshit....

The parking brake is electronic & self adjusts..there are NO cables...

The ONLY thing that can be done is connecting ODB11, VCDS or the dealer VW tool to wind the motors back & reset them...but that is only required if you have changed the pads/discs/motor/caliper…..

Me too. They're trying to upsell you. I observed service advisors everywhere trying to pull crap like this. Tell them to put it in writing so you can report them for possible fraud. Have them put the technicians name on the service order. Bet they won't.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The workshop manual doesn’t mention adjustment anywhere I can see, even in the section that covers changing the parking brake motor there is no adjustment procedure, although it does mention a basic setting using the diagnostics tool once the motor is fitted,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmyhqy866qadqx2/D4B804B24F7-Brake_System.pdf?dl=0

This is why I said what I said..I have the full ERWIN manuals & the self study guides on the EPB as well....it self adjusts, & the only procedure is the wind, unwind piston when doing work to the rear brakes...which I have done to mine on two separate occasions...

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
This is why I said what I said..I have the full ERWIN manuals & the self study guides on the EPB as well....it self adjusts, & the only procedure is the wind, unwind piston when doing work to the rear brakes...which I have done to mine on two separate occasions...
I know, I was agreeing with you!! ?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Hi,
My first post here as a new mark 7 owner! I've just taken it to my local VW dealer (not where I bought it from) to have the app-connect activated for CarPlay and they've done a complimentary vehicle health check, which apparently showed that the handbrake/parking brake needed adjustment because there was too much slack/movement? She then said my rear brakes could seize up if I don't get it done for £45. I couldn't find anything on the search about parking brake adjustment so hopefully someone can advise me if I could get it done elsewhere cheaper or if its necessary? no warning lights showed up on the dash.
cheers guys
What dealership is it?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I know, I was agreeing with you!! ?
:ROFLMAO:….yeah I know....sorry, coffee not kicked in...

just say "as golfdave says above"...or ^^^^^ ditto...

I wonder if its Lookers or Arnold Shark...

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
:ROFLMAO:….yeah I know....sorry, coffee not kicked in...

just say "as golfdave says above"...or ^^^^^ ditto...

I wonder if its Lookers or Arnold Shark...
No worries! Just thought the OP may want to see it in black and white.