GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTD ordered

allyadam

Hi, just joined after ordering a new GTD in Tornado red today…

agonised over the options but finally selected:-

Discover Navigation System
Dynaudio
High Beam Assist
Park Assist
Winter Pack
Rear View Camera

anyone know when I'm likely to get it - still awaiting a build date from my dealer…

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
I would say august sometime. I've ordered a white gtd with nav pro, park assist, winter pack and rear camera. did you look at the adaptive chassis control? ordered mine on 2nd April and have an unconfirmed build week of 22 which is 27th may. I'm hoping to get mine in June.

allyadam

Thanks for the reply - still not sure ho these delivery dates work as there seems to be so much uncertainty! If its going to take until August I hope it will be registered first September!! Yeah I thought about it but think ill benefit more from the Dynaudio and DNS… fingers crossed i won't regret it.. Good luck for yours..

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
the vw ordering is a complete joke. considering I ordered my gtd on 2nd April I've got a build week of 34 which is something like 19th august!!! ffs this is a mass produced car not a one off!

Ahpasty

Hi, just ordered gtd in night blue, sunroof, keyless go, high beam assist, winter pack, I am being quoted 16 weeks? Any thoughts?

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
16 weeks absolutely no chance. I ordered 2nd April which is week 14. I've got an unconfirmed build week of 34 which is 19th august so I'm looking at early to middle of September if I'm lucky. has your dealer quoted 16 weeks? ?

JohnV1

Ready to race!
Ordered my GT 150 TDi week 15 (2nd week of April) and I've been given Build Week 38 as part of Model Year 14. I guess holding out for those Bi-Xenon's with LED DRL's really delayed things. I don't expect to see my Mk7 till October.

The dealer informed me that all orders for MY 14 were re-entered on BW 22 (last week of May) so they all got shuffled down the order schedule, regardless of whether they were ordered in April or May. Basically the orders just sat there for a couple of months before being processed.

If you think about it, a bunch of UK models and options only became available on BW 22 (GTi/GTD, LED's, heated windscreen), so I guess it figures. Don't forget that many German manufacturing plants shutdown for 2 or 3 weeks during August like the French.

Either way from my point of view it's going to be a 24 - 26 week wait depending on speed of delivery (train, ferry, transporter, dealer prep, etc, etc). Marvellous, just in time for winter :eek:(

Heaven help anyone ordering now for anything other than stock vehicles with no options. Might make it by Christmas.