GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GT just ordered!

glospete

Hi All
I'm a newbie to Golfs and this Forum so be gentle!
I've just ordered a Golf Mk7 and because it is to be my "retirement car" and as I plan to keep it a long time I went heavy on the spec so that I won't EVER think at a later date that I should have added this or that!
So I ordered:
Golf GT 1.4 TSI ACT DSG
Deep Black Pearl with Marrakesh Leather
17" Dijon wheels (standard)
Gas discharge (Bi-Xenon) lights
Vienna leather + electric seats
Winter pack
Discover Navigation Pro
Air conditioning - 2Zone
ACC (adaptive chassis control)
Multifunction colour display
Park assist
Rear view camera
Fixed price service plan

Yes I know it's expensive but I got a good discount so I feel better for that!
Because no VW dealer has any paint or upholstery samples at this stage I trawled the internet and found what I think will be a nice combination - personal opinion but I think it'll look nice!

I have to say (again, personal opinion) but the range of colours is pretty unexciting - where are the metallic browns etc?
I have been quoted March delivery (12-16 weeks) but as I don't want it until after 1 March that's no problem.
There does seem some confusion over the CO2 for this engine - the VW UK brochure says 112 for the DSG version, the price list says 110 and the German brochure says 110. So we'll see!
There was also another "error" and that was the price of the Discover Pro satnav. The UK price list says £1650 but the GT already comes with the Discover. The SE doesn't and that was quoted at £735 for the Discover and £1690 for the Discover Pro. So there was a huge discrepancy - VW have seen this and have now reduced the Discover Pro upgrade for the GT to £1100 - still expensive but at least bearable.

Does anyone have any experience of the Adaptive Chassis Control (abbreviated to DCC for some reason) - I read in a post on another forum that one guy didn't like it (on a Mk 6). But all the tests on the same car as "mine" at the launch in Sardinia have been very positive about ACC/DCC). But any comments from you guys would be welcome - I can still change the spec!

Last edited:

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Hi great spec,
As a longterm retirement purchase I'd personally forgo the DCC at £795 & use some of that money to buy the full VW extended warranty (4year £205 or 5yr £490 ) especially with all the technology now & a relatively new engine set up.
I've no reason to doubt its credibility just piece of mind for me in a longterm purchase.
No experience of DCC but general cadid comments from dealers in my research is I'd probably not use it with the GT set up..
If you're able can you give me some idea of percentage discount you managed.
Thanks...

glospete

Hi great spec,
As a longterm retirement purchase I'd personally forgo the DCC at £795 & use some of that money to buy the full VW extended warranty (4year £205 or 5yr £490 ) especially with all the technology now & a relatively new engine set up.
I've no reason to doubt its credibility just piece of mind for me in a longterm purchase.
No experience of DCC but general cadid comments from dealers in my research is I'd probably not use it with the GT set up..
If you're able can you give me some idea of percentage discount you managed.
Thanks...
Thanks for your comments - it's really difficult with the DCC as all the test reviewers rave about DCC but ....
I got 8.62% discount off total package.

johnty

What's the upholstery name of those seats? Is that the larger touchscreen? Really like the interior combo!