GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf/Auto (Not DSG) shift knobs/similar options to Leyo?

sirripo

Seeing what's our there for Auto shift knobs for those of us in Golfs with the auto (not DSG). From what i can gather most DSG knobs should work fine with the auto, and of what I've seen so far the Leyo knobs seem to be the option i like best (I don't like the idea of yanking up on my whole shift knob to shift. I like the Leyo setup where you pull up on a ring, is there anything else that uses that option? Or maybe one that uses the center icon (think where the shift pattern would be indicated) as a button)?

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Any DSG knob will work for your Golf Auto. I know you said you didn't like the idea of lifting the entire shift knob to change gears; can you tell me what is the reasoning behind this thought? After reviewing their install video, you still move up a component of the knob to shift out of park, it would be very similar in how it operates compared to our GS2 and GSB DSG knobs.

Also our V2 GS2 DSG, and our new GSB DSG seem to be a bit easier to install and both use a clamp adapter :)

https://blackforestindustries.com/collections/volkswagen-auto-dsg-shift-knobs

sirripo

To me the Leyo seems more natural, being basically the same idea as the reverse lockout that Ford has used basically forever (and my first car was a manual Contour). Pulling up on the whole knob just seems like a less-intuitive option. I'm definitely entertaining the BFI knobs too, just exploring options.

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
To me the Leyo seems more natural, being basically the same idea as the reverse lockout that Ford has used basically forever (and my first car was a manual Contour). Pulling up on the whole knob just seems like a less-intuitive option. I'm definitely entertaining the BFI knobs too, just exploring options.
Agreed, and the same reason that I went with Leyo. I had the BFI knob on my 6-speed GTI and loved it, but I prefer the reverse lockout system that Leyo have. I'll also say that the Leyo knob actually feels really good in the hand too.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

I suppose. I never looked into it much. I wouldn't say it's less intuitive with our knob as your hand is in the same position as it would be with a stock knob; versus having to turn your hand over and lift up with an underhand motion.