GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 R20 Replica HID Headlights

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
If i got a shipment notification from canada is it from you guys and did it include the ballasts and hid kit? -adam voss. Thanks

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
If i got a shipment notification from canada is it from you guys and did it include the ballasts and hid kit? -adam voss. Thanks

Yes, the headlights are coming from Canada, and they should be delivered to you by the end of this week.

You got lucky, you got one of the last HID kits I had in stock. After, this Monday, I need to get the Morimoto kits shipped from TRS until I get re-stocked.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Aww yeahhh! Lol. Cool thanks! :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Cool im from winfield specifically. Mine are for a white gti

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Someone call me having install issues for the hid kit... Have a spare plug not sure where it goes

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Nevermind! These are sick!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
So quick questions now-

1: seems like the cornering function lights do not work. I got the gti version with morimoto hids for my non LP equipped car for the record. Wondering if i just missed something?

2: tonight i got a 'check left low beam and right lowbeam' message. Light research says i just need to keep the lights off and manually turn them on every time. Which is fine, but just requesting confirmation.

3: sorry if i missed it somewhere but how can i adjust the cutoff line?

Last edited:

GolfMNE

Ready to race!
So quick questions now-

1: seems like the cornering function lights do not work. I got the gti version with morimoto hids for my non LP equipped car for the record. Wondering if i just missed something?

2: tonight i got a 'check left low beam and right lowbeam' message. Light research says i just need to keep the lights off and manually turn them on every time. Which is fine, but just requesting confirmation.

3: sorry if i missed it somewhere but how can i adjust the cutoff line?

1) Cornering function doesn't work on replica headlights

2) Did you install H7 canbus harness with morimoto Hid kit?

3) See photo on last page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cLxTvXGilWYlB5YXpPZl9MR2c/edit

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
the OP states this though!

This GTI model of the headlight is similar in appearance to the OEM GTI with the red stripe, but has some unique differences:

- uses LED turn signal bulbs as per the Golf R
- uses a super bright LED bulb for the inner light
- has a working cornering light.

And yes I did install the canbus kit, i think... haha. lots of wires and modules :)

Oh and also, sorry, these don't seem to fit all that tight. i moved the rubbery bushing deals over to the new lights and the bottom ones didnt seem to slide too far into the 'bracket'... any thoughts if that might be the issue?

thanks

JonManGo42

Passed Driver's Ed
the OP states this though!

This GTI model of the headlight is similar in appearance to the OEM GTI with the red stripe, but has some unique differences:

- uses LED turn signal bulbs as per the Golf R
- uses a super bright LED bulb for the inner light
- has a working cornering light.

And yes I did install the canbus kit, i think... haha. lots of wires and modules :)

Oh and also, sorry, these don't seem to fit all that tight. i moved the rubbery bushing deals over to the new lights and the bottom ones didnt seem to slide too far into the 'bracket'... any thoughts if that might be the issue?

thanks

Ed answered your cornering light question, most fully on Page 10, Post 161 of this thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4862&page=10 (I know this is a drawback to the forum setup, it's easy to miss conversations from a year ago even in the same thread, lol)

Here is adjustment instructions: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14287

For the other issues, I recommend contacting Ed directly. Folks say he is very responsive and it's likely he'll have some good experience to impart upon you.

Dan84

Ready to race!
Can the H7 LED and H11 LED be installed in this as I hate the fact that the HID bulbs have to warm up first whereas the LED just lights up straight away

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Just purchased a GTI Kit. Excited for these to come in now.

How long did shipping take for you guys?