GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF 7 GTI LIGHT ASSIST FAULT

corpre1

Car(s)
VW Mk 7 2016
I do not other than at the Audi dealership i work at. When they scanned it, it said there was a fault in the High beam assist control module.
Hello, did you replace the module ? the interior mirror with camera ? and then you had no more fault?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
RoW=Rest-of-world
It's the manufacture's view of the importance of "Germany"!!;). Just joking - it's really a catch-all descriptor for the "other" countries" that aren't included in set-models like NAR (North American Region).

As for the original problem - I'm guessing, but the lighting fault very much sounds like someone has re-coded the BCM (the module @ address hex09). If Nizam can find a forum colleague that has access to a diagnostic cable -perhaps check Byte 2, Bits 0-2 in the module's long-code which are the software switches for Advanced High-beam control

Here are the setting options for these Bits:
Halogen=hex0
Halogen_main_beam_assist=hex1
Xenon_AFS=hex2
Xenon_AFS_and_main_beam_assist=hex3
Bi-xenon_AFS=hex4
Bi-xenon_AFS_and_main_beam_assist=hex5
Bi-xenon_AFS_and_MDF_GLW= hex6

AFS, (Advanced Frontlighting System) = dynamic cornering light (Initialisation for the cornering light CAN bus)
Main beam assist = Assistance system which supports the driver when changing from main beam to low beam headlights, in order to prevent dazzling other road users.

Make sure that the setting for this Byte/Bits matches the equipment that's physically installed on the car - perhaps?

Don

PS: apology for the techno-babble!!
Thanks! My car is getting the error and will try this. I used VCDS to enable High Beam Assist. Got the windshield replaced and they seem to have messed with my coding. It’s not a hardware issue - and the dealership is no help activating a non-factory setting.