GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 GTI Dynaudio issues

Kru_ger

Proud owner of a 2014 Pure White GTI as of Monday this week :D

Unfortunately I've noticed some issues with the Dynaudio sound system already.. I've got the Discover Pro system with the 8" screen, if I've understood Volkswagen's names correctly. I'm streaming music via Spotify and I'm experiencing intermittent skips in the music over Bluetooth, but most prominently a faint distortion in the treble frequencies when playing over Bluetooth. Some songs are worse than others, but it doesn't seem to worsen once the chorus hits and a lot of things are going on, instead it's the most present during quieter bits of the song when there's an instrument with a lot of treble frequencies.

This kind of seems to be limited to Bluetooth audio though, seeing as when comparing the same material on CD versus over Spotify, the CD was significantly cleaner. I still thought I was able to hear a veeeery faint distortion even on the CD, but it was so quiet you wouldn't notice it unless you were deliberately listening for it. Over Bluetooth however, the distortion was really audible.

Now, the question is if this is some kind of damage to the speakers (tweeters) from previous owners blasting music, a problem with the crossover, or possibly the Bluetooth antenna or something along those lines. There certainly are no warranties left to use for replacement units, and I quite frankly don't know if it's possible to just swap the infotainment system without some kind of coding magic as well, should it turn out to be the issue.

Any ideas?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Bluetooth can be quite "crappy" at times... have you tried going through the AUX channel directly, or playing over Carplay/Android Auto?
Swapping out the infotainment wouldn't do much.. but you can try getting an updated firmware and sound dataset for your Discover Pro. This can help a lot!!

Kru_ger

Bluetooth can be quite "crappy" at times... have you tried going through the AUX channel directly, or playing over Carplay/Android Auto?
Swapping out the infotainment wouldn't do much.. but you can try getting an updated firmware and sound dataset for your Discover Pro. This can help a lot!!
Isn't the Bluetooth antenna integrated into the infotainment system in the glove box, in case mine were to be defective?

AFAIK I don't have Android Auto on mine, I've at least not figured out how to get it working. My car is also equipped with the MDI port to which I don't have a USB cable for my phone yet, so I haven't been able to try that input. As I mentioned however playing the same material over CD doesn't distort the same way.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Nah, there are more things that can cause issues than just the bluetooth antenna. Take for instance the phone, it can have "enhancements" for audio output, it can have a low bluetooth audio bitrate, Spotify could be at a low quality bitrate, try setting it to the highest quaility level, etc.

Kru_ger

That possibility occurred to me as well, but since the same phone sounds just fine through a friend's car, Bluetooth speakers and headphones at home I doubt the phone's Bluetooth connectivity is the problem.

I tried setting the bitrate to the maximum setting and even tried downloading the songs, but still got the same results.

Since this started happening after I received the car I called the dealer and it will be taken to a repair shop under warranty I was told. Hopefully they are able to resolve the problem.