GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 1.8 TSI 6 Speed Tranny (Non-DSG) Fluid Change

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Have a 2017 Golf 1.8 TSI with a non-DSG AISIN 09G Transmission, as a part of 50K service, do this needs a fluid flush and replacement ?

Dont see a lot of discussion about this transmission., wondering if can get some recommendation or DIY links.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Mk7 Service.JPG

Every 50k according to VW. Personally I think it would be prudent to replace the filter as well.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Assuming you aren't tuned, I see no reason to do anything other than what the service manual states for your model year. The actual process is fairly involved (especially if you want to replace the filter), and to do it properly you'll need access to VCDS or OBD11 to watch the fluid temps and do some light coding.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
yeah probably wait on this service till 80K. With the lockdown situation, i am getting ready to do the 50K., with the Engine Oil service, accessory belt, spark plugs, brakes and brakes flush. ATF was something i wasnt sure, but looks like i still got another 30K.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
so im from Canada and manual says "check fluid" doesn't say change like the picture above (USA manual?)

has anyone here changed their ATF and any issues? please give me your experience

Thanks!

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
so im from Canada and manual says "check fluid" doesn't say change like the picture above (USA manual?)

has anyone here changed their ATF and any issues? please give me your experience

Thanks!
More info on your reply in the older thread, but US dealer informed me recommended change interval was 80k currently. I'd call a local dealership and inquire to see if VW updated anything for Canada. Checking fluid level requires VCDS or dealer tools. Not sure of ODBEleven can read it or not but assume it can as it does most things VCDS does.

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Reactions: Jub