GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 1.5 TSI 130 or 150?

bertj

Ready to race!
Just for information the 1.4 engine continued for a while in the 7.5; I've actually got one - really excellent, very smooth engine.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just for information the 1.4 engine continued for a while in the 7.5; I've actually got one - really excellent, very smooth engine.

& that will be the 150PS ACT version...

Wildthing

Car(s)
TSI Match DSG
Had the 150 TSI 1.5 DSG Match for 3 months now coming from a Passat 150 2L diesel. Absolutely delighted with it. love the DSG and the responsiveness and of the engine. opted for the 150 as needed the same power and due to the lighter chassis, the performance is markedly better. Afraid I did not trial the 130. Coming from a diesel I found the TSI quiet, though road noise was more noticeable.

Judesman

Ready to race!
Thank you for all your thoughts. I find my 1.5 TSI 130 Manual unresponsive. My old 1.4 Mk.7 was a much better engine in my opinion.

Judesman

Ready to race!
Here is a thought and if it isn't picked up I will start a new thread. The Golf 7.5 has a 1.5 TSI petrol engine with 130 or 150 options. What exactly does VW do to the engine to account for this difference. Any thoughts please?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Here is a thought and if it isn't picked up I will start a new thread. The Golf 7.5 has a 1.5 TSI petrol engine with 130 or 150 options. What exactly does VW do to the engine to account for this difference. Any thoughts please?

I posted this on the previous page in this thread..
I don't know the exact spec of the 1.5lt EVO....

But in the old 122/140..or 125/150 in the 1.4lt engines...the difference was the lower powered one only had one camshaft as variable.....the higher powered one (140/150PS) had both camshafts as variable & a forged crankshaft...also the turbo is slightly bigger & runs a slightly higher boost..

I run mine on super unleaded only...& have used this in all my cars since about 2002....makes a difference....my car makes at least 167bhp...without a tune!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Golfdave, yes of course I saw that. Sorry I forgot however, the technology is beyond my understanding. Many thanks.

Simply put....Its not just a "remap".....& you cannot swap the components over either due to other restrictions...

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
In retrospect I'd wished I'd got the 140 bhp 1.4 TSi when we got our estate, but there were barely a handful of cars in the country and the time and we couldn't afford to wait for a custom build so I landed on the 122 bhp instead. Still, decent car. I wouldn't have fallen as far down my priority list as to buy a diesel, which were plentiful so this was it ..

Last edited: