GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going to Wookies ITW?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Anyone going to WITW? I’ve never been and I may actually be home that weekend for the first time in a while.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’ve always wanted to go. It’s definitely a Golf R focused event, but the pics I’ve seen show a well rounded VW mix.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I’ve always wanted to go. It’s definitely a Golf R focused event, but the pics I’ve seen show a well rounded VW mix.
R32 focused event, hence the name.

People bring Rs, certainly, and there was a lot of Spektrums there last year and I suspect this year.

There will always be other stuff there, some R32 owners might fly in and rent stuff, some will just bring other stuff.

It’s very very hard to find anywhere to stay out there though. Kinda sucks.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
It's on my list but a hell of a drive from Vancouver. Once I get my VR swap done though I am committed to bring it there at least once, and enjoy the roads inbetween.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I'll be heading up in my GTI along with my buddy in his Spektrum Violet Touch Pearl R. First time going, excited to experience it for sure.

Also heading to Helen in May!
That’s my favorite color spektrum.

I’ve watched YouTube videos on it for years and have always love the mk4 R32. One day I’ll go. it’s also my wife’s bday weekend so that’s first.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Also heading to Helen in May!
We always go to Helen for AVF and that weekend is always a blast. Even longer this year (I think they added at least one more day).

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
We always go to Helen for AVF and that weekend is always a blast. Even longer this year (I think they added at least one more day).
Yep, I've gone every year since it came back as AVF and its probably my favorite week of the year lol. Heading up on Tues this time, so really looking forward to making the most of the longer time.

May make another trip to the Dragon from Helen one morning, depending on the schedule of meets, etc. Only about an hour to an hour and a half away.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Anyone going don't sleep on the surrounding roads. I think most of the roads outside of the dragon are wayyyy more fun and less crowded.

Make sure to hit up wayah road, take that to Franklin TN, highway 28 back to Almond NC. Thank me after

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yep, I've gone every year since it came back as AVF and its probably my favorite week of the year lol. Heading up on Tues this time, so really looking forward to making the most of the longer time.

May make another trip to the Dragon from Helen one morning, depending on the schedule of meets, etc. Only about an hour to an hour and a half away.
Shitttt I didn't even think about that. I'm totally going to try to plan a day to head to ToTD while I'm out there.