GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going to dyno test bms turbo inlet vs stock

Love_the_juice

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've decided to dyno test these cause I installed the bms and I have major mixed feelings about it.. for one I cant tell if it helped or not, I feel it did less power, it seems to respond better but 2nd gear seems not so great but 3rd seems a little better but hard to judge by butt dyno.. I went to drag strip in january got 1 good run at 13.88 at 108 mph with 2.3 60 foot that was stage 2 with apr cat downpipe injen intake hks bov with turbo outlet pipe and 3 inch magnaflow exhaust that cuts off half way doesnt go to back of car.. since I put cts fmi, cts throttle pipe and bms turbo inlet pipe, went to track last night couldn't get 1 good run in couldn't even get in the 13s I'm on street tires my shifter popped off 3 times, so was really upset I couldn't get a good pass to see if I gained anything.. anyways I will be getting a dyno on next week then I'll be putting stock inlet pipe and a week later dyno at same time and same conditions and hope this shows something so people dont have to worry like I have been ever since inlet pipe goes on, that's how much a weird change it has caused for me..

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
What kind of intercooler are you running? Stock? How do the outside temps compare there between Jan. and now?

Love_the_juice

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s hard to keep power down on these cars. I have the CTS TIP feels like it made a noticeable difference
Your right I notice huge changes spooling peak boost seems lower but power still seems there but then 2nd gear I actually get less wheel spin, this dam thing is frustrating lol.. wish I got the cts all the reviews and air flow tests had bms flowing better then all but bigger doesn't always mean better at 300 hp.. perfect parts match up are best results a car can have reason I've never owned a car that has lost to a same car with same mods just different brands types.. cts might have a perfect air match for turbo and intake cause I've heard nothing but positive unfortunately I went with bms cause it had a much higher air flow which was probably a mistake but I'm no guru but I have 18 years experience matching and changing parts for best performance and results not on dynos but track I'm not much of a believer of dynos

Love_the_juice

Passed Driver's Ed
What were your 60' times the 2nd time out?
2.4 was best but I was having major issues in 1st gear couldn't get right balance for launch and traction was horrible compared to January and then my shifter kept coming off going into 2nd was a real shitty night, my last run I finally got a good launch but after so many races my clutch wouldnt fully grab into 2nd gear was to hot, still ran a 105 but at 14.7 if it grabbed in 2nd sure I could of hit a 13.6 with a 2.4 60 foot

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Very true but I dont care anymore part is cheap but say it is a huge difference which what I feel will be loss in power, and hey will same lots of people 60$ lol

Saying it makes is huge difference is pure marketing hype. It's a minor difference.

Love_the_juice

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not debating what's best and not.. I've noticed a huge difference in response boosting lower boost not saying its all negative but it's real hard to tell what negative or positive about it, it's so much a difference that it frustrates me everyday if it was worth it, the dyno is do try and get a result and for the community cause I can't find a single result on this dam part no matter what brand