GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going insane.Need Help. 2019 R Left turns from stop "tire gripping" / grinding sound with vibration

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Interesting thread to come to this morning. I recently received my car back from a truly messed up accident and the insurance accidentally overpaying and not totaling my car(happy to tell if you’d like).

My entire driver side was replaced along with all suspension components from the driver front left side. I received my car back and immediately noticed a rubbing/grinding/ass vibrating noise feeling with any degree turning to the right.

I took it to Emich VW for them to figure out since the work is warrantied and after 3 days, they said they could not duplicate what myself, my wife, business partner, mother, and the staff at Bluewater Performance we’re feeling(6 people feel it and the dealership doesn’t.. come on). I would hate to have to live with this feeling on the car and I feel it was a wheel bearing but definitely could be from the new tie rod as mentioned above.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Interesting thread to come to this morning. I recently received my car back from a truly messed up accident and the insurance accidentally overpaying and not totaling my car(happy to tell if you’d like).

My entire driver side was replaced along with all suspension components from the driver front left side. I received my car back and immediately noticed a rubbing/grinding/ass vibrating noise feeling with any degree turning to the right.

I took it to Emich VW for them to figure out since the work is warrantied and after 3 days, they said they could not duplicate what myself, my wife, business partner, mother, and the staff at Bluewater Performance we’re feeling(6 people feel it and the dealership doesn’t.. come on). I would hate to have to live with this feeling on the car and I feel it was a wheel bearing but definitely could be from the new tie rod as mentioned above.
Dealer techs are hard of hearing. They only hear what they want to.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Dealer techs are hard of hearing. They only hear what they want to.
Or what they are told to hear. First time driving it today, same feeling and sound I brought it in for 3 days ago. I’ll just wait for the wheel to fall off and have some fun from there.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I haven’t read this whole thread, so keep that in mind.

With that said I personally know of two 2019 MQB cars with bad steering racks at very low mileage.

-2019 GLI Autobahn

-2019 GTI Rabbit Edition

Something to consider. Also, keep in mind I’ve never had any experiences with failed racks on any MY other than 2019

Yellokilo

Passed Driver's Ed
My issue: on hard left turns, I would hear the front and also feel something rubbing in the front left area. 100% able to be replicated every time.
Persistent techncian finally sleuthed it.
Turns out that it was a worn engine/transmission mount inside the inside of engine compartment driver's side.