GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Glove box removal instructions?

Patrick1

Anyone have a link to mk7 glovebox removal instructions? I figured it was just the six easy to get to screws but the box isn't coming out so I'm thinking there is a hidden on near the center console somewhere.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

jrcs1990

I also need to remove the glovebox and tried with those six screws but the box looks like it still locked on the central console.

(I need to remove it because one of the "hinge" it's loose and always "ticking"... )

Patrick1

What are you trying to do? I was able to do what i needed (route wires behind and above the glovebox, by just letting the door down. If you open the glovebox just enough to get your hands in there are two buttons you can push to let it down, one on each side. No need to remove the screws to do that.

jrcs1990

I'm trying to remove the whole glovebox because I need to put some graisse (i think that's how it writes) or other lube on the door hinges because one of them it keeps rattling. It's loose or broken.. couldn't figure it out...

By "hinge", I mean one of the pieces of plastic that "holds" the glovebox door to the "whole glovebox". I can't explain any better because I don't know the especific words in english.

boomkapow

Passed Driver's Ed
Right after I bought my GTI, I took it back because one of the springs in my glove box was broken and it wouldn't close all the way. It took them 2 days to do it as they had to remove a large portion of the center console. So unless you really need to get in there, I would leave it alone. Sorry, not really an answer, but just a warning.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
There's a cheeky hidden screw behind the infotainment head unit!

GP

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have a link to mk7 glovebox removal instructions? I figured it was just the six easy to get to screws but the box isn't coming out so I'm thinking there is a hidden on near the center console somewhere.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

See if this video can help you http://youtu.be/xVkBKinCZX0
Glovebox removal at around 1:30 mark

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
Yes.