GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GLI 35th vs MK7.5 GTI

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Lol they're all just jokes. I really don't care what you drive. Sounds like your main problem was you went with Southbend but maybe that was before the DKM twin disc was an option

Most definitely.This was back in 2013, so I don't think DKM was available at the time. The south bend held wonderfully, but the maraca sound was hilariously embarrassing.

What's even more embarrassing is that after all the mods on the mk6, the Jetta could easily mop the floor with it after just a tune.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Most definitely.This was back in 2013, so I don't think DKM was available at the time. The south bend held wonderfully, but the maraca sound was hilariously embarrassing.

What's even more embarrassing is that after all the mods on the mk6, the Jetta could easily mop the floor with it after just a tune.
DSG or not, the MQB platform is a great improvement by VW

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Update. Just had some stoplight fun in Mexico with another MK7 GLI also in pure gray. We both had lost complete traction once we hit the gas. We were both cracking up at the next light because it's barely 20F today in Chicago and the roads are all iced over. We both couldn't pass up running our twin. Comedic end to a Thursday!

mikedefran1

Car(s)
2019 VW GTI SE
So i just had my first GLI vs GTI 40 roll race and i got dusted! I have a 19 GTI DSG and my friend has a 19 GLI- is the GLI that much faster stock vs stock? Why?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What gear were you in when the race started? How many car lengths and did he jump you on the start? And are you sure he was stock?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Could be as simple as gas.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
If he's on the stock Hankook tires, you should have dusted him. First thing I replaced on the car. At stock, I couldn't get traction at all.

Were you in Sport mode? Manual shifting? Do you also have a 7spd DSG? Tons of variables.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Forever ago I watched a professional youtube video review comparing them both and the GTI was slightly faster to 60. I think they are essentially even, in this thread there are far too many variables at play. The only real difference besides the obvious they pointed out in the video was the cheaper materials used in the Jetta.

mikedefran1

Car(s)
2019 VW GTI SE
If he's on the stock Hankook tires, you should have dusted him. First thing I replaced on the car. At stock, I couldn't get traction at all.

Were you in Sport mode? Manual shifting? Do you also have a 7spd DSG? Tons of variables.
We were both in “Sport mode”, we ESC off the shifter was in manual so we could start in second gear and just let it shift it self after we started , both of us are DSG