GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Glass rubber trim damage. Ugghh

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
Get gloss trims off of aliexpress instead of the stock matte ones.

I’ve seen those, but was skeptical of quality/sealing ability. Have you tried them, or heard about anyone who has? They sure would look nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
What is the purpose of these rubber seals ? If they are missing is the windshield bond affected by rain etc. ?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
What is the purpose of these rubber seals ? If they are missing is the windshield bond affected by rain etc. ?

if you mean the 2 side rubbers on each side of the windshield, one of their main purposes is to set the windshield at proper height/depth/glue press during install...

one time.. i stripped all my crap off before going to my windshield job.. even took off my wiper cowl... he made me drive 20 mins back home to get the side rubbers, cuz he needed them to do a quality install on my new windshield.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
if you mean the 2 side rubbers on each side of the windshield, one of their main purposes is to set the windshield at proper height/depth/glue press during install...

one time.. i stripped all my crap off before going to my windshield job.. even took off my wiper cowl... he made me drive 20 mins back home to get the side rubbers, cuz he needed them to do a quality install on my new windshield.

The rubber trim pieces you describe can be removed with your fingers and are purely there to direct water up the A pillar to the roof, they are absolutely nothing to do with fitting or correctly placing the windshield, the windshield is fitted using an exact size bead of adhesive, this results in the windscreen settling at exactly the correct depth with zero adhesive excess.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The rubber trim pieces you describe can be removed with your fingers and are purely there to direct water up the A pillar to the roof, they are absolutely nothing to do with fitting or correctly placing the windshield, the windshield is fitted using an exact size bead of adhesive, this results in the windscreen settling at exactly the correct depth with zero adhesive excess.

if only most installers knew how to do that properly..

2.0T-GTI

VW in MadTown
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit Ed. GTI
Here’s a pic of the trim damage.

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran

The only way I can see you fixing that damage properly is to get some replacement trims (new or s'hand).

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG

Jeez, that not what I was expecting. That came from a pressure washer?!? Looks like you just gonna have to replace the whole piece. I’ve hit the same spot in my car with a pressure washer many times up close with no issue.