napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Should I f&$@ around and see what happens?
I wouldn't. He is running a lot more octane than you and his water injection is giving him 32* IAT's. You would send your pistons to the heavens with that timing on 93.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Point taken. No H20/Meth but my intercooler is pretty good. I see IATs in the teens in the winter, just a few degrees above ambient.

This really helps your turbo. A 30* difference in IAT reduces required PSI by ~10% at equivalent air mass flow.

BTW: Found a great chart from Cobb explaining flow/pressure targeting.

Cobb Flow/Pressure Targeting Maps

It’s still unclear to me how flow is converted to pressure. Is it simply a scaling factor? It must be more complex, and involve at least IAT and RPM.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Just finally realize why my downshifts have been sucking. The NLS tune doesn't allow a throttle blip for rev match and heel-toe.

Is there a setting in Maesteo that allows NLS and rev matching? The only setting I see that's related is "Minimum accel pedal for NLS", and that's set to 97%, yet it's not allowing blipping with zero throttle. I'm going to turn off NLS for now with the expectation it will restore rev matching. Haven't used NLS, don't really have a desire to but it should make a big difference if you care about acceleration times if it holds boost through shifts.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Just finally realize why my downshifts have been sucking. The NLS tune doesn't allow a throttle blip for rev match and heel-toe.

Is there a setting in Maesteo that allows NLS and rev matching? The only setting I see that's related is "Minimum accel pedal for NLS", and that's set to 97%, yet it's not allowing blipping with zero throttle. I'm going to turn off NLS for now with the expectation it will restore rev matching. Haven't used NLS, don't really have a desire to but it should make a big difference if you care about acceleration times if it holds boost through shifts.
I'm dsg, so I wouldn't know, sorry.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Do anyone understand the lambda tables?

At what air temp does "Full load lambda based on air temp" kick in?

Why does lambda initially start at 0.83, after 0.5sec spike to 0.9, and then drop down to 0.83?

lambdaTables.JPG

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How long you are in WOT. The table on the right is the normal table. The table on the left is referenced when IATs are over a certain temp. Say you want it to follow a certain lambda path at up to 30C but if it's really hot and your IATs are going to hit 40-50C then you can have another table make it even fatter to help cool the cylinders down. The MK7.5 stock ECUs get really fat really fast. Like 0.72 lambda kinda fat.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Thanks.

0.72 lambda is Crazy Rich (Asians)

Mooseman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 TT RS
California. Some regions broke temperature records for June today.

Days like today remind me that my APR intercooler might be my most important mod. Driving in hot weather is a reality for us. It’s a good idea to stress test your tune.

People asked me why I got an intercooler with no plans of ever getting a downpipe. I know I live in SF and it's pretty pleasant year round, but the second you leave this cocoon of cool air, it gets pretty damn hot, plus all the fun tracks and drag strips are out there.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Anyone know how to tune with an upgrade HPFP? I want to use e50 at the very least.
Increase this to 300

1663441230263.png

Everywhere this says 200000 make 240000

1663441267446.png

Increase the last column on all the fuel rail pressure tables from ~200000 to 240000. There are 6, get them all.

1663441328064.png

Change the last column axis from 200000 to 240000

1663441466401.png

Move this out from 380 to 450, all cells.

1663441610851.png

Last edited:

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
Increase this to 300

View attachment 260882

Everywhere this says 200000 make 240000

View attachment 260883

Increase the last column on all the fuel rail pressure tables from ~200000 to 240000. There are 6, get them all.

View attachment 260884

Change the last column axis from 200000 to 240000

View attachment 260885

Move this out from 380 to 450, all cells.

View attachment 260886

Thank you Diggs24.

One more question, I saw this table but I assume there is no updates needed, do you know what this table is about?

1663622741008.png

Last edited: