GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Give up on Eurodyne?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Funny. Clickbait-ish title has made me read enough to realize that ED Maestro is probably the tuning solution I'd most prefer in 2022. Not terribly cheap, but compared to the custom fuelling options on the other available remote tune platforms, it's a bargain.

I am still confused about the credits system, but interested enough to read and learn about it.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
I am still confused about the credits system, but interested enough to read and learn about it.

Credit system licenses the software. At least back in 2015, $600 power tap cable came with 6 credits and allows you to flash tunes (but not Maestro files). This is the only money I've spent on tuning for the past 7 years up until last week when I needed to purchase 3 more credits to obtain a Maestro seat, only about $180. I believe today from scratch, $800 gets you everything including Maestro.

I think TCU tunes cost additional credits. IDK how exactly how much because I have a manual.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
One more log for now with the knock correction turned down. Knock detection threshold to 2* (first event). My car has always had 1 to 2* knock events, regardless of fuel/temperature. TC per event set to -1*.

Turned the sliders up from 26psi to 27psi in the last pull in the log below. Conditions are poor, DA of 2800'. Not 100degF today, but relative humidity is 80% (never that high here), temps in the 80s. Feels like Kona. If this turns to thunderstorms California will be burning down again...

Looks like pressure now being limited by the MPR or airflow tables. I can probably run 1 or 2psi more, but I think this is a good safe place to be for now while I tune fuel and timing. Progress!

https://datazap.me/u/napadirt/maest...-1ktc-2kdt-e40-26psi91-27psi91?log=0&data=1-8

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Appreciate your hep Diggs24!

Giving EQT $1500 would have been easier, but I’m having more fun this way. It’s all about having fun.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Appreciate your hep Diggs24!

Giving EQT $1500 would have been easier, but I’m having more fun this way. It’s all about having fun.
I like to raise everything out of the way and make them correlate to the sliders and use the sliders as actual boost and timing adjustments. 30 is actually 30 and 101 octane is actually 101. Takes a bit more work, but it's worth it to me.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
I like to raise everything out of the way and make them correlate to the sliders and use the sliders as actual boost and timing adjustments. 30 is actually 30 and 101 octane is actually 101. Takes a bit more work, but it's worth it to me.

If you do that, how do you control boost vs. RPM? Flow tables?

Wish the PSI slider was a scaler and not a cap. Rather, wish we had both.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
If you do that, how do you control boost vs. RPM? Flow tables?

Wish the PSI slider was a scaler and not a cap. Rather, wish we had both.
I have a hybrid, I carry flat-ish boost. Also, on the is20 I wasn't really scared of blowing it so I tried to make it flat as well. 😬 I used the PUT table to try and force more at higher rpms.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
I have a hybrid, I carry flat-ish boost. Also, on the is20 I wasn't really scared of blowing it so I tried to make it flat as well. 😬 I used the PUT table to try and force more at higher rpms.

How much boost do you run on your IS20? Timing? Fuel?

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
After this morning's tuning session took the car out on a 120 mile trip. Car was phenomenal. After 105k miles, this is the best it has ever driven. The power delivery is linear and predictable with no annoying behaviors like hesitation, timing cut, or surging boost down low. Yes there's turbo lag when going WOT, but for normal driving at <50% throttle between 2k and 5k, I hardly noticed any.

Tonight, took a couple runs on the tune and then grabbed another 0.5 to 1.0 psi at the top end and pushed timing +3*. Car enjoying the cooler IATs. There's a little more room in the sliders if I want more low end torque.

https://datazap.me/u/napadirt/maestro-is38-mpr2-1ktc-2kdt-e40-27psi93?log=0&data=0-1-18

I don't know if this tune is quantifiably faster, and don't really care--it just drives so much better now.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
How much boost do you run on your IS20? Timing? Fuel?
I ran 16* of timing and I was hitting 29psi down to 26 psi at redline. Not ideal for an is20. It prob created more heat than power, but I just sent it. Lol

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
I didn’t think it was possible for an iS20 to hold 26psi at redline.

Define redline? RPM?