GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Give up on Eurodyne?

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Theres a local guy who I've logged who runs 25-26 psi at redline on his eqt is38

Must be a hybrid IS38, or the beefed up IS38+ that EQT sells?

Does anyone know what is causing the air mass flow to peg at 1389 mg/stroke? This max'ed out air flow is causing my flat torque curve.

This is most evident in this file with the cool IATs.
https://datazap.me/u/napadirt/is38-stock-dp-apr-ic-e30-eurodyne-adjustable-91-26psi?log=0&data=1-2

Max clutch torque is 500 Nm in the Maestro table. According the to mass air flow tables, this should not be limited, and should not be limited until almost 2000 mg/stroke. Could my manual transmission affect this?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

Does anyone know what is causing the air mass flow to peg at 1389 mg/stroke? This max'ed out air flow is causing my flat torque curve.

https://datazap.me/u/napadirt/is38-stock-dp-apr-ic-e30-eurodyne-adjustable-91-26psi?log=0&data=1-2

Max clutch torque is 500 Nm in the Maestro table. According the to mass air flow tables, this should not be limited, and should not be limited until almost 2000 mg/stroke. Could my manual transmission affect this?
Is38+ can't do that. There's no point holding a turbo with is38 dimensions at that psi that high.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI

Maestro only reads up to 1389.
If you richen up your lambda for tip in, it should eliminate that knock.

The other knock on the 3/4 shift might be from shifting. So maybe you need new mounts or your knock sensors are still too sensitive?

Not sure about on the top of 4th. What plugs are you running?

tmaslove

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Yes.

No magic sauce with EQT.
Not necessarily true.
I’m running EQT stage 2 and I can say it’s definitely more torque than my previous tune (Uni). Eurodyne is great (never tried it myself) but I know a few people using it.

The cobb Ap is great, having the ability to switch between tunes on the fly is great. Wish more tuners offered AP compatibility.

ps. I have a base file. I’ll go custom once I purchase their EQT xl turbo

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
What plugs are you running?

Denso 5346 gapped to 0.024”. Change them every 10k miles.

I’ve heard weak motor mounts can trigger knock sensors. I’m running stocks.

Sounds like IS38 runs out of breath at 22psi at 6500rpm. Only improvement to make is mid-range torque and consistency.

BTW: Tried enriching last night, see logs in my previous post, and saw more knock.

What table controls the boost/torque curve that the adjustable psi value interacts with?

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Denso 5346 gapped to 0.024”. Change them every 10k miles.

I’ve heard weak motor mounts can trigger knock sensors. I’m running stocks.

Sounds like IS38 runs out of breath at 22psi at 6500rpm. Only improvement to make is mid-range torque and consistency.

BTW: Tried enriching last night, see logs in my previous post, and saw more knock.

What table controls the boost/torque curve that the adjustable psi value interacts with?
I've only ran Brisks and now Ruth's and I'll tell you, they are both great choices.

A couple, the all work in conjunction with each other. Max turbo pressure ratio and PUT tables will control the curve if you have everything else raised. (Tq and airflow tables)

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Just attempted to manipulate the torque curve using the "Max clutch torque" table. It did not do what I thought it would.

https://datazap.me/u/napadirt/maestro-is38-base-torque-curve-1-9124psi?log=2&data=1-4

I set the sliders conservatively at 24psi and 91oct. My expectation was mid-range boost should peak at 24psi and taper down to 21psi. That's not what happened; hit 23psi at 6300rpm.

Boost curve is still flat. According to the "Max air flow tables", I don't think it should have targeted this much boost. Obviously my understanding is wrong. This episode is disconcerting.

The lack of documentation in Maestro is appalling. Users should not be left to trial and error on their car or attempt to piece together accurate information on message boards. I'm not tuning yet, I'm learning to use the platform.

Also got an EPC light right out of the gate:
fault.JPG

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
I've only ran Brisks and now Ruth's and I'll tell you, they are both great choices.

A couple, the all work in conjunction with each other. Max turbo pressure ratio and PUT tables will control the curve if you have everything else raised. (Tq and airflow tables)

Yup. That makes sense now.

The PUT and MPR tables are low resolution. Can anyone show (or explain) me an example of how I would change these to produce a boost curve that peaks in the mid-range at 24psi and tapers down to 21psi at 6k?

PUT_table.JPG
Max_PressureRatio.JPG

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Next attempt at setting a boost/torque curve using the "Max pressure ratio" table.
rpmMPRPSI_SeaLevelPSI_6600ft
1000​
2.9​
27.9​
22.3​
2000​
2.9​
27.9​
22.3​
3000​
2.9​
27.9​
22.3​
4000​
2.9​
27.9​
22.3​
5000​
2.8​
26.5​
21.2​
6000​
2.5​
22.1​
17.6​
6500​
2.4​
20.6​
16.5​
7000​
2.35​
19.8​
15.9​

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Yup. That makes sense now.

The PUT and MPR tables are low resolution. Can anyone show (or explain) me an example of how I would change these to produce a boost curve that peaks in the mid-range at 24psi and tapers down to 21psi at 6k?

View attachment 252268View attachment 252269
Well first off, what's your elevation?
That MPR table is set way too high. Your PUT table and I'm guessing airflow table is saving you from grenanding your turbo. Have you watched the eurodyne video on YT? That's a good place to start to figure out what all basics should be set at.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Next attempt at setting a boost/torque curve using the "Max pressure ratio" table.
rpmMPRPSI_SeaLevelPSI_6600ft
1000​
2.9​
27.9​
22.3​
2000​
2.9​
27.9​
22.3​
3000​
2.9​
27.9​
22.3​
4000​
2.9​
27.9​
22.3​
5000​
2.8​
26.5​
21.2​
6000​
2.5​
22.1​
17.6​
6500​
2.4​
20.6​
16.5​
7000​
2.35​
19.8​
15.9​
Just answered my question. Lol good job! You're on the right track now.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
From there you can use the airflow tables to make the boost you want in the midrange.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Well first off, what's your elevation?
That MPR table is set way too high. Your PUT table and I'm guessing airflow table is saving you from grenanding your turbo. Have you watched the eurodyne video on YT? That's a good place to start to figure out what all basics should be set at.

Thanks for your help.

I live at Sea Level but will drive at 10k feet in the Sierras so Max Pressure Ratio is definitely something I want to set.

Yes, this YouTube video is excellent, but it has taken me a few days of using Maestro to grok how to apply it.

Heading out for another test...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
It's better to use the PUT table vs the max PR table to control boost. Leave the max PR table up out of the way as it is.

The column header (far right column) should be set at the highest boost you want to achieve. The table is in hpa before ambient pressure is calculated. 2800=40psi. Subtract ambient pressure and also there is an intake pressure loss built in, but for me 2800 is around 24psi give or take. So set the far right column header to 2800. Try 2800 tapering to 2400.