GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Give up on Eurodyne?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
For maestro you will have to load the loader files, then the maestro base file off the server, you can download that base file from the server then edit it in maestro editor then flash it

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Also you can make all the same power as any other tuning company out there, especially eqt, nothing magic or special about them except spending tons of money, to be told you have a restriction or something and Check engine lights, that's Cobb as a whole.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
railroader: Yes, I flashed the Stage 2 loader file and then switched back to base IS38. Now I'm learning the ropes in Maestro. This has turned into a project. But it's fun and I'll also learn something.

Question: Does anyone which table I should modify to adjusts lambda? I changed the "Full load lambda" to target 0.83 sooner, but per the log, it's doesn't seem to have done that.

Latest log: 98oct / 22psi on E40
https://datazap.me/u/napadirt/maest...da-under-full-load-ethanol-50?log=0&data=1-10

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Basic lambda vs di

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
California. Some regions broke temperature records for June today.

Days like today remind me that my APR intercooler might be my most important mod. Driving in hot weather is a reality for us. It’s a good idea to stress test your tune.
I live in Florida. I have no choice 😂. I did a few pulls in 95* heat and I have zero knock. I don't mind stressing the car, just my mind that's an issue. Lol

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Yes, looks like other IS38 tunes like EQT target 28psi in the mid-range tapering down to 21psi at 6k. No timing advance in the mid-range, hitting 6-8* at redline. Is this the right idea?

I plan to do something like that, so long as my clutch holds up.

Do you think I need to change lambda or should I leave it alone?

Same EQT logs report an AFR of 11.6, or 0.79 lambda assuming gasoline.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Yes, looks like other IS38 tunes like EQT target 28psi in the mid-range tapering down to 21psi at 6k. No timing advance in the mid-range, hitting 6-8* at redline. Is this the right idea?

I plan to do something like that, so long as my clutch holds up.

Do you think I need to change lambda or should I leave it alone?

Same EQT logs report an AFR of 11.6, or 0.79 lambda assuming gasoline.
Theres a local guy who I've logged who runs 25-26 psi at redline on his eqt is38

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
I'm on HS Tuning RSR. This winter it started slipping in 6th gear going up hill. I can program the torque map to limit torque in 6th gear. Downpipe is off now so low end torque will be lower too.

Having a real hard timing figuring out how to control boost in Maestro. There's boost control tables and torque tables. Which ones should I be touching? Let's start with that.

Last edited:

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
Tale of two logs:

Richer knocked more and badly, mid-range and at redline.

Lambda = 0.79; -1* TC per knock event
https://datazap.me/u/napadirt/maest...-lambda-98oct22psi-40-ethanol?log=1&data=1-18

Base/default lambda behavior, -2* per knock event (Maestro default)
https://datazap.me/u/napadirt/maest...-lambda-98oct22psi-40-ethanol?log=0&data=1-18

First rich (0.8 lambda) log has knock everywhere. Second none at all. Clearly timing is too aggressive for these lower IATs. High octane table is going for 19*.

Last edited: