GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Girodisc (rear) 2 Piece Rotor

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
For reference: Girodisc rear rotors are a direct replacement for the stock Golf R REAR rotor. They save about 2 pounds per side. If you're keen on tool rentals (I use autozone) the tool kit # is 27111. :)

paid about $~$650 including stoptech street pads.

tip of the day: Use obdeleven to disable the parking brake. Remove the 21mm upper camber arm bolt fixated to the the spindle to gain clearance for the next step. remove the m14 bolts (2 per side) and “shimmy shimmy” the caliper assembly out. Pry out the existing pads with a pick, insert the spreader tool (# posted above). Insert the new pads. Remove the t30 disc bolt. Hammer the brake rotor out. Replace. Easy peezy.

Good day!

Yo
IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0741.jpgIMG_0742.jpgIMG_0743.jpgIMG_0744.jpg

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Red is extra. Base is sort of a dark blue gray.

Attachments

• C90F68D1-D66F-4171-96DF-3C057C25B48D.jpeg
    C90F68D1-D66F-4171-96DF-3C057C25B48D.jpeg
    908.5 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Just the bolt connected to the spindle. It's for clearance. My M14 socket didn't give me much of an option to reach in between the arm and the bolt. It's a minor nuisance but it adds made 5 minutes to the install.

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick tip for those that dont use a spreader tool. Once you disable the parking brake. Take a large flat head screw driver where the pad meets the caliper and pry out to spread the caliper more open. This will get the caliper almost all the way pushed in and might need to barely take a large pliers to push it in the rest of the way. Also i second the above question. Where did you purchase this all from?