GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Stage 1 software upgrades are now available for the all new “high security” MQB

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed

GIAC Stage 1 software upgrades are now available for the all new “high security” MQB 8V S3s and MK7 Golf Rs worldwide! These software upgrades still offer the same great gains as our existing high output MQB software, but require a software unlock in order to be OBD2 port flashed. To be unlocked, these ECUs must currently be sent to GIAC for a one-time unlock service. Once unlocked by GIAC, these cars can be flashed and re-flashed with GIAC dealer or OEM tools and files like previous versions of the S3 / Golf R. The unlocked status will not be reversed by OBD reflashes and updates with current OEM or after-market tools. GIAC's unlock service rate is $200 US plus shipping. Please contact GIAC before sending in your ECU. For GIAC customers who aren't near a GIAC dealer, we have solutions to remotely program your ECU set in place.

GIAC software upgrades offer dramatic performance improvements over factory software, but retain factory-like drivability. On 91 octane fuel, performance gains are measured at 40 – 50 horsepower and 45 – 55 5 ft. /lbs. of torque to all four wheels. In some areas of the power band, gains are as high as 53 horsepower and 63 ft. /lbs. of torque (at four wheels) over stock. On 100 octane fuel or E30 blend, performance gains are measured at 50 – 60 horsepower and 55 – 65 ft. /lbs. of torque to all four wheels. Gains are as high as 60 horsepower and 65 ft. /lbs. of torque (at four wheels) over stock in some areas. Our engineers have developed this calibration to ensure smooth drive quality and no issues with surging, turbo over-speed, EPC lights or limp modes, when no actual hardware failures are present. For DSG models, GIAC has also spent a great deal of time ensuring that the programming maintains power delivery between gear shifts. Stage 1 does do not require any additional hardware upgrades; however, additional hardware upgrades, depending on design, usually allow for more power to be made.

Thank you to supporters who have played an important role in setting this product apart from other tuning options:
  • exam23 on VWVortex for allowing GIAC to study his Golf R engine controllers;
  • Emmanuele Design for lending its in-house project S3 for GIAC development of the prototype software calibration and providing real world testing assistance and feedback; and,
  • Our international performance partners, Statller, SORS Japan, Servicio JJimenenz, E-51 and E & A Autosport, for testing "beta" files in different environments, elevations and fuel quality.

Other notable features include the following:

• properly calibrated air/fuel ratios,
  • dramatically improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel (throttle delay removed)
  • raised speed limiters to factory redline in final drive gear
  • optimized torque control for smoother, faster shifting with consistent power across all gears

GIAC’s Flashloader handheld switcher is available for this application, complete with the following switching options:

• 100-octane / E30 blend performance
  • Privacy Firewall

RAW All Wheel Power Dyno Plot: Stage 1 - 100 octane versus Stage 1 - 91 octane versus Stock:

• Stage 1 91 oct gains over stock: +45 horsepower / +50 ft. / lbs. of torque at four wheels
  • Stage 1 100 oct gains over Stock: +51 horsepower / +59 ft. / lbs. of torque at four wheels

Link to Engine estimated horsepower on 91 octane.

Maximum Stage 1 power gains over stock – 91 octane:

• +53 horsepower / +63 ft. / lbs. of torque at four wheels​

Maximum Stage 1 power gains over stock – 100 octane:
• +60 horsepower / +65 ft. / lbs. of torque at four wheels​

Available locked ECUs:

• 8V0906259H – 0002
  • 8V0906259E – 0002

Existing available unlocked ECUs:

• 8V0906259B – 0001
  • 8V0906259E – 0001
  • 8V0906259E – 0002

ripped

Go Kart Champion
I can't complain cause I'm very happy you guys have a solution but having your car down for a while that's gona be tuff

ripped

Go Kart Champion
GIAC Stage 1 software upgrades are now available for the all new “high securi...

Last edited:

INoahGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
You have my attention. And now you get questions.

Stage 2 ETA?
Unlocked... Meaning is now port flash-able by any tuner?
DSG tune in works?

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Nice. Take independent dealer out of the question and handle it in house. Big change compared to horror stories in the mk6 ? good job guys.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I assume you have a 93 octane map too?

In regards to the ECU, could you elaborate on what is covered in the warranty. In addition, if something did happen on your end during the crack open stage, what is the lead time on receiving a new ECU?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed
You have my attention. And now you get questions.

Stage 2 ETA?
Unlocked... Meaning is now port flash-able by any tuner?
DSG tune in works?

I don't have a direct ETA on stage 2 quite yet, but early fall is a safe assumption. We run a healthy amount of boost with stage 1 and see about 20-25 whp gains on that file with the downpipe added.

Potentially. However, there are some road blocks with that as well.

Yes.

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice. Take independent dealer out of the question and handle it in house. Big change compared to horror stories in the mk6 ? good job guys.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Since it is a one time thing, we feel it's a small sacrifice to make. Since we are able to control the process here, we can make sure they're all taken care of properly, with the correct sealant.

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed
I assume you have a 93 octane map too?

In regards to the ECU, could you elaborate on what is covered in the warranty. In addition, if something did happen on your end during the crack open stage, what is the lead time on receiving a new ECU?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Yes, we do.

Warranty would be in regard to potential ECU failure due to opening a sealed ECU. Turn around time would be somewhat dependent on stock from Audi. We always expedite the process as best we can on our end. If an ECU were to be opened after it left our facility, there would be no warranty coverage.