GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Stage 1 software upgrades are now available for the all new “high security” MQB

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
So you need to open the ECU while APR does not?
Apparently, Volkswagen decided to change the ECUs during mid to late production of the Golf R. Most, if not all Golf Rs manufactured on or after March 2015 can not be flashed via the OBD port.

Hence, GIAC is now offering a work around for these late production Golf Rs.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

INoahGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't have a direct ETA on stage 2 quite yet, but early fall is a safe assumption. We run a healthy amount of boost with stage 1 and see about 20-25 whp gains on that file with the downpipe added.

Potentially. However, there are some road blocks with that as well.

Yes.
Thank you for that. What is your remap system? Do I have to go to a dealer to switch back to stock? Or between maps...

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed
So you need to open the ECU while APR does not?

On the ECUs that are unlocked, we OBD2 flash them.

On the ECUs that are locked, we unlock them, then OBD2 flash them. No one in the U.S. is offering any sort of tuning options for these at the moment.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I don't have a direct ETA on stage 2 quite yet, but early fall is a safe assumption. We run a healthy amount of boost with stage 1 and see about 20-25 whp gains on that file with the downpipe added.

Potentially. However, there are some road blocks with that as well.

Yes.

Glad to hear. So we will start bugging you again come first of October for that stage 2 file :D.

I think the DSG tune is sorely needed, at least on the stage 1 and race file. Car is wicked quick but WOT acceleration is not as smooth as it should be. I'm not sure if it's the heat I'm dealing with here or what, but the transmission has momentary lapses of hesitation when applying heavy throttle. Hopefully the DSG tune will alleviate that...

Austin@GIAC1

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the Gti also March of 2015? Just checked the door and the manuf. date is 03/15 :(

GTIs aren't an exact science. There seems to be a bit of a delay on those receiving the locked ECUs. One of our local dealers flashed a 5/15 build date car through the port without issues.