GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting bored with the DSG, may move to a 6-sp.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Potato, po-ta-toe..... People like what they like. I like big butts, and I cannot lie.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Wow, so much hyper evangelizing the DSG. Personally I'm more dedicated to having a manual car than having a Volkswagen, so it seems kind of dumb...

If I were in OP's position, I would eat into the modding budget to get a manual Golf R, then put a stage 1 tune on it and save up to put a clutch in it when the time comes.

The time will be there when you tune it unless the R clutch is better than the GTI.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Soooooooooo, wagen or GTI?:)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
How about both?

113CA418-0A3F-4C2F-B30B-8BA5BA07DD79.jpeg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Lol. You pay 1200 more up front for a dsg over a manual, so spending 600 on a clutch still seems like the better financial deal if people are really going to play that card.
$600 + the cost of a new block cause crank walk ;)

poor impulse control

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I'm a technician and that's really not as common as people think. But forum hype is real ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Can you define internet hype? I can’t seem to find my dictionary behind the 400 cases of toilet paper in my house.

OP: we have both a ‘19 Alltrack and ‘19 GTI.

The extra foot and wagon-ness of the Alltrack is fantastic, the loss of power from smaller motor and awd is noticeable. Some work will negate that. We are maximizing our warranties so we are living with it. The GTI is more nimble than the Alltrack, thought the alltrack isn’t bad. If I had to pick one, and only one, the wagon is more useful with the kids, but the GTI has more giggles out of the box.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Few more gratuitous wagon pics to help sway the conversation. For $19.5k OTD, this is be best dollar per smile investment I've made in a while, maybe ever. APR stage 1 also made a huge difference. It'll outpace a stock GTI/GLI now, and with some minor $$ supporting mods it really tightens up. I've had this thing on both coasts now, it does it all.

pic dump, i am very bored stuck at home lately!