GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gertie GTD

richiekuk

Ready to race!
James, would love to know what the VCDS coding is for these two above when you get a minute?

Thank you

I second that.
And the full length brake lights if you figured it out. Mine says "Channel Not Available"

Last edited:

Nyanga

Ready to race!
James,

Ta for Gertie update.

Sorry to hear about windscreen. Lane Assist re-cal a bummer.

Agree about folding back-seats....effortless action down & up.

richiekuk

Ready to race!
James, would love to know what the VCDS coding is for these two above when you get a minute?

UPDATED:

1. Enable fan level display on Climatronic Auto 1. 08 auto hvc 2. 07 Long Coding 3. Byte 11 4. Enable Bit 6

2. Four Brake Lights - see note on VCDS thread - use correct LED settings (thank you to Finglonga)

Thank you

I couldn't get the brake lights to work. Kept saying channel not available!

James75

Go Kart Champion
The Brake lights are awkward - it took two of us to sort of go through each channel and try and work it out. It didn't work immediately, it was a case of just trying to look at what worked and what didn't.

I've been busy with new house, so apologies I've not come back sooner. Plus we have the diesel scandal now lol. Let's see how that plays out :)

I will dig out some coding and get some pictures

James

James75

Go Kart Champion
James,

Ta for Gertie update.

Sorry to hear about windscreen. Lane Assist re-cal a bummer.

Agree about folding back-seats....effortless action down & up.

Tell me about it lol

Off to VW Barnstaple on Tuesday - at least I will be able to relay the experience for anyone else :)

James

tatanka

James75, you have wasted my sunday afternoon after getting me hooked on your experiences with Gertie :D :p

Thank you for such a detailed mileage rundown. I purchased a ex demo (5500 mls) golf MK7 (not GTD but the 150 BHP spec) last week but had to travel before I could take delivery of it. Now I have my wife telling me everyday how much she is enjoying it and I am jealous.

I can absolutely relate to everything that you say. I just went to the VW site and figured out today that my car is not impacted by the recall, so happy about it. Again, you don't just but a car just for the engine, but the overall experience and you cannot fault VW for the overall experience.

Thank you once again for sharing your experiences.

Drive Safe,
K

James75

Go Kart Champion
Sorry if it's been asked before but ..Did you ask for black wing mirrors when you ordered the GTD ? Did they charge any extra ?

I asked for them before delivery and they were happy to paint them for me.

It's a killer touch and makes it stand out.

VW should offer it as an option :)

James

James75

Go Kart Champion
James75, you have wasted my sunday afternoon after getting me hooked on your experiences with Gertie :D :p

Thank you for such a detailed mileage rundown. I purchased a ex demo (5500 mls) golf MK7 (not GTD but the 150 BHP spec) last week but had to travel before I could take delivery of it. Now I have my wife telling me everyday how much she is enjoying it and I am jealous.

I can absolutely relate to everything that you say. I just went to the VW site and figured out today that my car is not impacted by the recall, so happy about it. Again, you don't just but a car just for the engine, but the overall experience and you cannot fault VW for the overall experience.

Thank you once again for sharing your experiences.

Drive Safe,
K

Thanks for the kind remarks and taking time to read.

I am not sure where I stand on the recall - part of me, well a big part is not that bothered. All this will be sorted and will eventually blow over - the problem is, if people are out of pocket for any reason, then it becomes more difficult.

As I understand it - some engines classed as Euro6 aren't or least they've been cheated to give that emission rating. If that's the case, then a switch/flash which changes it back to Euro5 would should surely impact your road tax. In that instance, I would asking VW to compensate me.

James

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Hi James no MQB cars will be affected as far as I can tell.

VW have issued a recall for EA189 powered vehicles as it was this engine that was subject to the cheating in the US. All Mk7 Golfs (so same for Mk3 Octavia, Mk3 Leon, refreshed Scirocco, Yeti etc) using EA288 motors are not effected whether EU5 or 6. I think there is a general consensus now regardless of the manufacturer that very few diesel cars emit the NOx they passed their EU tests at....really because the test is not real world not because theyve cheated as they did in the US. The EU tests will be changed in due course to test under worst case real world conditions (so uphill, AC and other ancileries on etc) to resolve.

It will affect some Mk6 Golf owners (and so Mk2 Octavia, Leon, pre facelift Scirocco, Yeti etc)...all earlier gen cars with the 1st gen CR motor. The 4k cars pulled off of sale recently in the UK were all EA189 powered cars. Id also wager it will only affect EA189 cars without SCR tech....so some of the bigger cars like the Sharan and Alhambra that had SCR will probably be OK.

VW now have a VIN checker on their UK...wager your car will come up all clear.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Hi James no MQB cars will be affected as far as I can tell.

VW have issued a recall for EA189 powered vehicles as it was this engine that was subject to the cheating in the US. All Mk7 Golfs (so same for Mk3 Octavia, Mk3 Leon, refreshed Scirocco, Yeti etc) using EA288 motors are not effected whether EU5 or 6. I think there is a general consensus now regardless of the manufacturer that very few diesel cars emit the NOx they passed their EU tests at....really because the test is not real world not because theyve cheated as they did in the US. The EU tests will be changed in due course to test under worst case real world conditions (so uphill, AC and other ancileries on etc) to resolve.

It will affect some Mk6 Golf owners (and so Mk2 Octavia, Leon, pre facelift Scirocco, Yeti etc)...all earlier gen cars with the 1st gen CR motor. The 4k cars pulled off of sale recently in the UK were all EA189 powered cars. Id also wager it will only affect EA189 cars without SCR tech....so some of the bigger cars like the Sharan and Alhambra that had SCR will probably be OK.

VW now have a VIN checker on their UK...wager your car will come up all clear.

Okay - that would make a kind of sense.

I am surprised there are still EA189 cars on sale, but i guess there would be.

James

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Okay - that would make a kind of sense.

I am surprised there are still EA189 cars on sale, but i guess there would be.

James

The MK7 cabriolet hasn't been released yet so by default any unregistered 'cabs in dealer stock will be MK6 and if diesel odds on it will be an EA189

_baz

Ready to race!
_Baz, just having spent the afternoon reading through the thread, it was a £100 extra completed by the dealer.

K

I asked for them before delivery and they were happy to paint them for me.

It's a killer touch and makes it stand out.

VW should offer it as an option :)

James

Thanks guys, might ask the question... Got a long wait until mines built so plenty of time to change my mind !