GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General G-Max RS

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
Had them for two year's on my 2019 GTI. Excellent performance tire and the price point is great. One has gotten pretty noisy (about 20,000 miles on the set). That may be from pothole impacts since the concrete roads around Houston are shit to drive on. I tried a rebalance, but it didn't help.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Had a set for about 30000mi. They were great, comfortable and fairly quiet. Good price too. They are definitely softer (sidewall) then other comparable "summer" tires and don't grip up as well, but again for the price they're hard to beat.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Best Tires! amazon had them for 500 or so. Grips great and have not been able to break traction

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I've had them on for maybe 2k miles so far. Originally had my 225/18 on the stock Austin wheels and I liked them well enough, even if the sidewall was a little softer. I swapped those same tires over to a 8.5 wheel so they've now got a stretch and...they're amazing.

510danr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
What I mean is I have them on 7” wide 17s. Youve stretched them and tensioned way more than I did.
I had the G-Max put on just last week.
I liked Tire Rack’s comparisons, price and I thought I’d take a break from the Extreme Summer tire’s noise and harshness.
I should have stuck with a 200 TW such as the Falkin Azenis I just wore out. I’m going to use General’s 45 day guarantee and trade up. Conti just came out with a 200 TW but it’s $230 a tire! It Hasn’t even been released yet so no reviews. My car feels like it’s on Jello! There’s so much tread and wall flex I thought they were low on air!
Tried higher pressure too,
I don’t enjoy driving my car like this.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
I ran them for a year. Huge improvement over the factory tires the car came with. I was cross shopping between the GMAX RS and the Firehawk Indy 500. I chose the GMAX RS due to their traction reviews in the rain. (I'm in Seattle.) Right now I have been running Michelin PSS which came with a set of wheels that I bought. I will tell you that the 2 are very comparable. The PSS definitely has an advantage over the dry, but for a daily driver in Seattle, wet traction is crucial.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Running G-Max RS on my wagon currently with no complaints. Picked them up when I picked up a new set of rims from TireRack. Loving them so far, pretty quiet with around 5k on them. Might give the G-MAX AS-05 all seasons a try next tire change just as I do occasionally make a few mountain trips when it's snowing and below the 20-40 degrees F minimum required for the RS.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Running G-Max RS on my wagon currently with no complaints. Picked them up when I picked up a new set of rims from TireRack. Loving them so far, pretty quiet with around 5k on them. Might give the G-MAX AS-05 all seasons a try next tire change just as I do occasionally make a few mountain trips when it's snowing and below the 20-40 degrees F minimum required for the RS.
Having had both the RS (235/40/18) and AS (245/40/18) versions, I prefer the AS because of the weather scenario you mentioned. Also, the AS are noticeably quieter. Both are fantastic in the rain and hook well in the dry. Great value tires that are light years better than the stock Potenzas.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie

Ran the AS-05 for about 50K miles, other than getting a little noisy with age/mileage, no complaints. All around great tire.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Have them in 235/35 19 on my R. They replaced the original Continentals at around 30k I think. Even though I like to think of my car as a racecar its mostly a daily driver. The tires are relatively quiet and seem to be wearing well. Once my car runs again I can comment on whether they flat spot easily or not lol.

510danr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Have them in 235/35 19 on my R. They replaced the original Continentals at around 30k I think. Even though I like to think of my car as a racecar its mostly a daily driver. The tires are relatively quiet and seem to be wearing well. Once my car runs again I can comment on whether they flat spot easily or not lol.
I replaced them with the Falkin Azenis. I have a set of 225/45/17 G Max RS with 200 miles for sale in Oakland CA.