GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Wait. Fuzzy underbody! Interdasting.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
In reality, it's an excuse to charge BMW owners a ton of cash when the fucking felt withers away or falls off.

True, but it makes quite a difference in cabin noise.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I haven't particularly seen this fuzzy carpet under the skirt of the BMWs but often times you'll get more out of hardened bake out sealant than felt sheets from an NVH. standpoint

If anything it get dirty and is harder to clean. I hate felt like material under bodies.

EDIT: Giggitty.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I noticed that there is that same soft "fuzzy" material lining the wheel wells of the GTI. I haven't seen another car with that. Interesting.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Okay, let me rephrase. Always picking at me here. :D

On a vacation out west, we had a Dodge Grand Caravan for a rental car, since we were with my cousins. I drove it a few times. :D

wait how old are you? 18?

I just turned 24 and feel old. Especially when high school kids call me "sir". And I'm edging closer to being able to rent a car without getting slammed with extra fees.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
I don't like formal titles, call me Alan, plain and simple.

I hate calling my friends' parents by their first names cuz I rather be overly polite than come off as crass and impolite. And if my friends call my mom by her first name I can see an almost subconscious twitch of disapproval in her face.

But at work, everybody introduces themselves by their first name anyways so it's like acceptable from the get go.

Merkle

Banned
I hate calling my friends' parents by their first names cuz I rather be overly polite than come off as crass and impolite. And if my friends call my mom by her first name I can see an almost subconscious twitch of disapproval in her face.

But at work, everybody introduces themselves by their first name anyways so it's like acceptable from the get go.

That's a solid point. I'll deal with that when I have kids. (Never) ;)

jnj2455

Ready to race!
That's a solid point. I'll deal with that when I have kids. (Never) ;)

My problem is, once I exceed my patience threshold I'll probs just start flogging my kids. So.... yah...

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
I'll get a pic of the underbody cover, it looks pretty awesome from an aerodynamics perspective, not sure if it will hold up well with our winters. The drain plug has a little hatch for access and that's it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
"Listen here, intern... you will refer to me as Mr. Balls... and you will LIKE it."

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
wait how old are you? 18?

I just turned 24 and feel old. Especially when high school kids call me "sir". And I'm edging closer to being able to rent a car without getting slammed with extra fees.

I'm 17... I'm not like the rest of the kids my age, or most of them at least. :D

No, I'm not a 20 selfie a day-taking person who tries to act like they've been raised in the ghetto and understand the struggle, meanwhile their parents own a Mercedes-Benz GL-Class. That sums up Long Island kids. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.