GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GDT and R estates - Bumpers

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You could look into exhausts for the Seat Cupra ST models with FWD, many of the well-known brands in Europe cater to them including Remus, Milltek, Scorpion, Fox, etc...these MQB cars are all the same. On this linked thread, "luluseat" (post 107) took the OEM exhaust from a Mk7.5R Estate (which sounds pretty good) and had it fabricated to fit his FWD Seat Cupra ST using his stock resonator with a notable improvement in sound (pics included).

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....-with-mk7-5-golf-estate-exhaust.453316/page-6

All of the Seat Leon Cupra ST models have twin rear mufflers and the FWD models have the same routing as GolfDave pictured above, only you might need offset tips to fit the Golf R Estate valence if using an aftermarket exhaust for the Cupra. Perhaps a Cupra ST valence would fit your bumper? That would make tip solutions even easier.

The second picture I posted is of the Seat Leon with an aftermarket exhaust..but instead of having the back boxes in the "Golf" position had it in the section of tunnel to the left of the fuel tank......the Seat Leon has the same wheelbase as the Golf so it could work using a Seat part....(unlike the MQB platform MK3 Skoda Octavia which is 2inch longer in the wheelbase)

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Does anybody know if the GSW 7 R rear valence would swap directly over to a normal estate?
The 7R and standard 7 use entirely different bumpers.
The 7R rear valance will not work on the standard 7 rear bumper.

The 7.5R and standard 7 use the same bumper with different valances.
The 7.5R valance will work on the standard 7.5 bumper.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The 7.5 bumper looks better too.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
For me it would be Clubsport front bumper, golf r side skirts, mk7.5 rear bumper with GTD valence.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
For me it would be Clubsport front bumper, golf r side skirts, mk7.5 rear bumper with GTD valence.
But when you say R side skirts, you need to specify since the facelift R has the funny little GTI blade skirts but the pre facelift has actual skirts. 😉

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
The 7R and standard 7 use entirely different bumpers.
The 7R rear valance will not work on the standard 7 rear bumper.

The 7.5R and standard 7 use the same bumper with different valances.
The 7.5R valance will work on the standard 7.5 bumper.
Have you confirmed this? I’ve lined up a golf r valence onto my standard rear estate MK7 bumper and it appears flush.
PERSONALLY, I'd rather keep them the same front to rear.

I'd hate myself if I put a 7.5/R rear on my 7.

I also did my R parts before the facelift existed in the states. So I'm partial to it.
Yes, I agree with this.

The 7.5 bumper looks better too.

I think you’ll be disappointed to know that the 7.5R Estate bumper doesn’t have the same features as the MK7R. The 7.5R has a flat design on the sides of the bumper whereas the MK7R contains flares going down to the rear wheels.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Have you confirmed this? I’ve lined up a golf r valence onto my standard rear estate MK7 bumper and it appears flush
Well I suppose it's possible they'd line up

But the 7 bumper has reflectors in it, and the 7R valance has reflectors in it. So if it did work you would end up with two sets of reflectors and it would look ridiculous.

I think you’ll be disappointed to know that the 7.5R Estate bumper doesn’t have the same features as the MK7R. The 7.5R has a flat design on the sides of the bumper whereas the MK7R contains flares going down to the rear wheels.

Likely because the 7R uses an actual side skirt and the 7.5R uses the GTI blades, so the rear bumper needs to be smoother to match up with the rockers.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen

But the 7 bumper has reflectors in it, and the 7R valance has reflectors in it. So if it did work you would end up with two sets of reflectors and it would look ridiculous.

Likely because the 7R uses an actual side skirt and the 7.5R uses the GTI blades, so the rear bumper needs to be smoother to match up with the rockers.

It wouldn’t hurt to do a reflector delete on each side with gloss black vinyl to match. The GTI blades on the R just causes confusion between the variations, IMO. Volkswagen is just mixing styles together instead of keep it consistent. Side skirts make the vehicle appear lowered too and the blades would suit black/dark grey vehicles as it blends in. Either way, it’s Volkswagen who’s winning at the end of the day lol.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen

On the topic of bumpers, kind of, I’m planning to retrofit a quad exhaust system to my dual exhaust TDI wagon. Any difference to power? It’ll basically be a ‘Y’ shape. Not sure if this ‘back pressure’ business will be affected. Anything will help because I’m getting a second hand exhaust tomorrow from a wrecker. Thanks!