GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Which engine for the Turbo VR build is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Been a while since I posted an update but the car is humming along great. Got a replacement CF lid for my IE intake (warranty replacement due to cloudy resin).

I really missed the rear BBK from the GTI and opted to get 034 motorsports rear 350mm floating brake upgrade and is being installed as we speak!
1621979820517.png

HPA is starting to tease the big secret project I mentioned above. I am beyond excited for this and have been talking with them about it for months. I changed my mind from buying an RS3 to get the R because this was so much more exciting.
1621979664080.png

Source:

Will post details as soon as I'm allowed to!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Been a while since I posted an update but the car is humming along great. Got a replacement CF lid for my IE intake (warranty replacement due to cloudy resin).

I really missed the rear BBK from the GTI and opted to get 034 motorsports rear 350mm floating brake upgrade and is being installed as we speak!
View attachment 214762

HPA is starting to tease the big secret project I mentioned above. I am beyond excited for this and have been talking with them about it for months. I changed my mind from buying an RS3 to get the R because this was so much more exciting.
View attachment 214760
Source:

Since they already do VR6 swaps, at least for the MK6, I would imagine that's what it will be. Although it seems the 2.5 has more tuner parts because of the ttrs and rs3.

Thought you were just going to go with a bigger turbo, but hope it's one of the above.

If things go right in the next 5 years, that'll be my next car

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

View attachment 214760
Source:

Wait…so this is your car? You are either getting the 2.5 or vr6 here???

Following!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Hopefully HPA sticks with the vr6 like they did for that mk6… Daza swaps are dope for power but I prefer the heritage and unique nature of one in a mk7, not to mention HPAs social media is flooded with “I love my vr6” post 😂

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Wait…so this is your car? You are either getting the 2.5 or vr6 here???

Following!
Yep, they took that photo in January and been waiting for the right time to start the hype train :)

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Yep, they took that photo in January and been waiting for the right time to start the hype train :)
Ok…I’m glued to this thread now. Any timeframe on when we will know more?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Ok…I’m glued to this thread now. Any timeframe on when we will know more?
Hoping that they announce some details "soon". I know that's really not a great answer but all I got atm.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Hoping that they announce some details "soon". I know that's really not a great answer but all I got atm.
No worries. I know they have an Instagram page that I started to follow but do you have one?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
No worries. I know they have an Instagram page that I started to follow but do you have one?
I keep a pretty low profile in social media so no, no instagram for me. Though I imagine there will be lots of folks asking questions and maybe I'll make a dedicated acct for the build then.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG