GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Which engine for the Turbo VR build is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
My understanding is that all 2.8 cranks are forged - making for a higher revving, stouter motor.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
My understanding is that all 2.8 cranks are forged - making for a higher revving, stouter motor.
I think that's why Malaka is doing this swap for their VRS3, but all I can remember are the hours of wiring videos they've put out lately.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Yep, sat in HPA's FTX740 (the red one from the smoking tire one take vid) which had the Recaro Sportster CS seats in 'em. What a difference a good seat can make: comfy AND track level bolstering.

They'll be custom upholstered and installed with the build!

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yep, sat in HPA's FTX740 (the red one from the smoking tire one take vid) which had the Recaro Sportster CS seats in 'em. What a difference a good seat can make: comfy AND track level bolstering.

They'll be custom upholstered and installed with the build!
What's your waist size?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
What's your waist size?
Normally you gotta buy me a drink before asking that haha.

32”, but Marcel is a bigger guy (HPA’s owner) and he also finds them super comfortable and puts them in his builds

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Normally you gotta buy me a drink before asking that haha.

32”, but Marcel is a bigger guy (HPA’s owner) and he also finds them super comfortable and puts them in his builds
Figure I'd cut to the chase ;)

If he's the guy in the smoking tire videos, I think I'll be ok. Sat in some super cheap sparco sprints earlier and those are not worth the cheapness.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Figure I'd cut to the chase ;)

If he's the guy in the smoking tire videos, I think I'll be ok. Sat in some super cheap sparco sprints earlier and those are not worth the cheapness.
Yeah that’s the guy sitting w/ Matt Farah!

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
While waiting for the seats to arrive, I am starting to gather some ideas for what to do with the custom upholstery: https://www.google.com/collections/s/list/lQ--UmQITh-64ez7QGXyjA/Y1PkrbPmavw

The RS variants are really neat, but will keep to the silver stitching, or maybe blue. I really like the idea of diamond stitching part of the seat and definitely embroidering the R logo on both seats too.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Been playing around with a bunch of ideas for the upholstery and just made a 3D model to test out ideas. I am really liking the TT RS honeycomb stitching for the inside of the seat and think I am going to do that, and use alcantara for a bit more grip/texture on the seat itself.

I want to keep the OEM styling with the silver/gray stitching all around, but am gonna ditch the piping for these seats. This is roughly what it'll look like:
1643755609969.png

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
HPA got me a smokin’ deal on the Superspeed wheels and have now become a reseller. Ordered them and put a pre-order in for the spring shipment of RS-4 tires!

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Dude - the motor... R30 Turbo?
I can only confirm that a turbo is inolved 😜 I need the project completed by end of April to start the track season and making the point very clear as often and clearly as I can. With that in mind there is at least a point where this all plays out coming soon. For real this time lol.

That also means that the wavetrac front and rear LSD are both going to become available by then, add to cart lol.

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Popped by HPA today to talk to the custom upholstery guy. I am going to do the same split honeycomb alcantara stitch on the rear seats and door cards too.

While I was there they said my superspeed wheels arrived and took a look. Daaamn, I love them.
1644625535062.png

I also spoke to them about a book in date for a certain other thing. There is a date, and it's in March but exactly when will firm up in 2-3wks.