GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Which engine for the Turbo VR build is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Due to China shipping lane issues with the hard lockdown happening in Shanghai and other cities closing their ports I have got the car released back to me. They simply cannot get the parts required to start the build and were being given overly optimistic timelines from the shippers overseas it sounds like. So I took it to the track for potentially a final full send at the track yesterday.

So in case anyone was wondering why there are action shots of my car when it's supposed to be in the middle of the VR swap, yeah. Fuckin' supply chains.
It's ok, you get to enjoy the FR450 a bit longer.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Waiting on some pictures of the event but have downloaded all my track footage. For one session I had an in-cabin and a bumper camera. The bumper camera actually feels about as fast as it is on track. Shame that the microphones basically mute themselves due to wind suppression at speed but at least the footage was awesome. I didn't get any from when the track was dry and I was really going full send and guess I'll save it for VRT time.

In-cabin PoV

Bumper PoV

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Friend of mine caught me going up onto 2 wheels hitting the kerb at the track. Definitely rubbed the inner fenders on that one lol.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Too many walls for my taste. I need a football field of runoff

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Too many walls for my taste. I need a football field of runoff
Yeah this course is really unforgiving in that respect. But it’s also very close to home and cheap to run at. In the morning I definitely overcooked it into turn 1 and got way too uncomfortably close to a tire wall.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got some shots back from the event. Some real good ones in there! I didn't realize I still have a lot of body roll going on in the car. A stiffer front sway bar is in the cards for sure (it's in my signature, but not in the car I just realized). Took HPA's brand manager for a ride in shotgun and he was looking a bit green around the gills after a few laps :D

DSCF4060.jpg

DSCF2033.jpg

DSCF7880.jpg
DSCF4917.jpg

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Solving squat on the car is something which has also been on my mind a lot and looking into corrective measures for getting the suspension geometry all sorted for the better. Dipped my toes into this hella deep hole and picked up a new set of rear trailling arms with adjustable anti-squat (https://verklineusa.com/products/was-041). Should arrive next week!

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Yeah... I'm down that rabbit hole deep.. Good thing is my wallet doesn't have the money or I'd have ordered just about all the verkline stuff except the subframes. Trying to keep my eyes on the price that I'm supposed to be saving up for a dedicated track car with a cage rather than make my wagon even less street friendly.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Yeah... I'm down that rabbit hole deep.. Good thing is my wallet doesn't have the money or I'd have ordered just about all the verkline stuff except the subframes. Trying to keep my eyes on the price that I'm supposed to be saving up for a dedicated track car with a cage rather than make my wagon even less street friendly.
I want it all.. but the stock market says no as of late lol.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Solving squat on the car is something which has also been on my mind a lot and looking into corrective measures for getting the suspension geometry all sorted for the better. Dipped my toes into this hella deep hole and picked up a new set of rear trailling arms with adjustable anti-squat (https://verklineusa.com/products/was-041). Should arrive next week!
Did you get the lower control arm Uni Balls , they also improve tightening up the rear end .
Cheers

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
What setting are you going to install them at, 0, +20, or +40?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Did you get the lower control arm Uni Balls , they also improve tightening up the rear end .
Cheers
No, I wanted to just solve this problem first without replacing evreything with spherical joints and driving me crazy with all the NVH. Adding as necessary.

What setting are you going to install them at, 0, +20, or +40?
+20 will get me back to OEM anti-squat so probably +40 and adjust back if it's too aggressive.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
No, I wanted to just solve this problem first without replacing evreything with spherical joints and driving me crazy with all the NVH. Adding as necessary.

+20 will get me back to OEM anti-squat so probably +40 and adjust back if it's too aggressive.
I have mine set to +20 and the uni balls didn’t add any NVH , a wrongly set RSB dads more discomfort.
Cheers

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I have mine set to +20 and the uni balls didn’t add any NVH , a wrongly set RSB dads more discomfort.
Cheers
Great thanks!