GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gas prices

tigeo

Autocross Newbie
Costco is cheapest premium I've ever seen - $1.45 87/$1.85 93. Local Shell has regular at ~$1.85 last I saw but is keeping premium at $2.95..hahaha...f those guys!

swcrow

Autocross Newbie
Costco is cheapest premium I've ever seen - $1.45 87/$1.85 93. Local Shell has regular at ~$1.85 last I saw but is keeping premium at $2.95..hahaha...f those guys!
Glad you told me....I know where I'm rolling next time I need to fill up....definitely worth the drive.

codypka

Go Kart Newbie
In South Jersey prices are lower, but not drastically lower than normal. Probably $.30 a gallon less on average. 87 hasn't dipped below $2.00 a gallon yet

2slowvw

Car(s)
2016 GTI
When i first started driving i remember gas was $0.87/gallon for regular. I remember scraping up change to have enough gas to drive somewhere.

Locally i see some gas stations at $1.49 for regular but premium is still around $2.15. They are dropping though.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Newbie
Prior to this pandemic, E85 in my area was at $2.399. Not sure if it has dropped since then because I haven't had to fill it up, since I'm not driving my car.

WindyBoi

Cheapest ive seen in Detroit area was 1.48 for 87. Havent checked 93oct since I filled at 3$/gal of 93oc right before the gas prices plummeted :'(

cb1111

When i first started driving i remember gas was $0.87/gallon for regular. I remember scraping up change to have enough gas to drive somewhere.

Locally i see some gas stations at $1.49 for regular but premium is still around $2.15. They are dropping though.
Young punks.... Growing up in California I remember 16/17 cents for regular (I don't remember if anybody used ethyl) and green stamps to go along with that. When I started driving it was 33 cents a gallon in the US.

In the DC burbs of Virginia, cheap regular is $2.03 with premium at 2.63 - of course there is that one station right off the highway with $3.99 for regular....

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I remember when it was a big deal that gas had broke $1 per gallon, and then an even bigger deal when diesel surpassed gas.

I was just a kid, but diesel went from 40 cents cheaper than regular to more than premium in one year and has stayed that way since for the most part. I believe that was late 1990s or very early 2000s

Chogokin

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Haha...lowest I remember gas was around 1.15 back in the way early 90's when I got my drivers license. I also remember putting $5 worth of gas and it lasting me half the week. I had a Dodge pickup back then.