GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garrett g25 in mqb

Nightgreys3

Hi !
Do you know any mqb with Garrett g25-550 or 660 turbo installed.

What i have to buy to fit this turbo ?
Someone has dyno graph, links or informations about this turbo ?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Ask @The Dude he got the adapter plate for one.
I did, it ended up being around 400 shipped, got here in 5 days or so, it's a very nice piece.
You'll need to build a custom externally gated downpipe, custom intake, and custom oil and coolant lines. You'll need to delete the OEM DV and use a external blow-off valve. Then get a manifold to vband adapter like this: https://www.turbo-total.com/en/stai...en3-mqb-vw/audi-10500-c-garrett-g-series-2947

Then custom tuning of course.
So the G25 series is internally gated, once I have the turbo in hand my fabricator is going to make a mounting plate for the oem wga on the G25. He does a similar setup for the FK8civic type R.
https://www.rampagefab.com/product-page/rampage-fk8-type-r-turbo-kitI'll probably ask him to build an intake adapter so I can still use my APR intake, as it's pretty tidy and also already in the car. I already have a 3.5 tbe that he built, so we'll see how close the fitment is and modify as necessary. I already spoke with UM about tuning it. Other changes will include the (ebay) intercooler modified with lps clamps, potentially charge pipes and a BOV as well, though I'm not against a cnc flange on the charge piping to allow the use of the turbosmart bov I've already got, as the ecu uses the oem dv as part of the boost control strategy, and I see no reason to reduce the capability of the ecu to keep the engine happy and in 1 piece. That said, I'm still getting parts together and researching stuff, I'll post a build thread when there's something to post. ?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
20200327_174446.jpg
20200327_174453.jpg
20200327_174506.jpg

Here's the lil adapter guy.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I did, it ended up being around 400 shipped, got here in 5 days or so, it's a very nice piece.

So the G25 series is internally gated, once I have the turbo in hand my fabricator is going to make a mounting plate for the oem wga on the G25. He does a similar setup for the FK8civic type R.
https://www.rampagefab.com/product-page/rampage-fk8-type-r-turbo-kitI'll probably ask him to build an intake adapter so I can still use my APR intake, as it's pretty tidy and also already in the car. I already have a 3.5 tbe that he built, so we'll see how close the fitment is and modify as necessary. I already spoke with UM about tuning it. Other changes will include the (ebay) intercooler modified with lps clamps, potentially charge pipes and a BOV as well, though I'm not against a cnc flange on the charge piping to allow the use of the turbosmart bov I've already got, as the ecu uses the oem dv as part of the boost control strategy, and I see no reason to reduce the capability of the ecu to keep the engine happy and in 1 piece. That said, I'm still getting parts together and researching stuff, I'll post a build thread when there's something to post. ?

Sounds like a good plan outside of the ebay FMIC.

I can shed some light on that if you shoot me an email jlbaun26@gmail.com

Rampage does some of the best work in the industry and providing him with a ebay core is counterproductive

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Any updates here? Super curious how this turbo is going to fit and be tuned.
Ordered the turbo about a week ago, I have a PR MIP setup sitting in the garage and PagParts put a brushless pump basket together for me. Packaged with the pump is a torqbyte brushless pump controller. Rampage has been super busy building GTR stuff, but my car has a date with the shop in august/september.
Sounds like a good plan outside of the ebay FMIC.

I can shed some light on that if you shoot me an email jlbaun26@gmail.com

Rampage does some of the best work in the industry and providing him with a ebay core is counterproductive
I don't want to use a twintercooler or fmic. Unless someone has done some instrumented testing showing that an fmic that's half the size works better, it seems to me that the largest stock location core I can find makes the most sense.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Ordered the turbo about a week ago, I have a PR MIP setup sitting in the garage and PagParts put a brushless pump basket together for me. Packaged with the pump is a torqbyte brushless pump controller. Rampage has been super busy building GTR stuff, but my car has a date with the shop in august/september.

I don't want to use a twintercooler or fmic. Unless someone has done some instrumented testing showing that an fmic that's half the size works better, it seems to me that the largest stock location core I can find makes the most sense.

My offer to help you stands

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Someone’s on a bender…
Back from the dead. Well the update is as follows, I now work at Rampage Fabrication. We're using that G25 for something internal which may or may not come to fruition. I'm not using the adapter, so it's still up for grabs. It's taken longer than I'd like because I got out of the Army and had to find a new job and blah blah nobody cares. It'll get bolted on eventually.