GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Pleatia

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GMC, VW Wkendr, mk7
This is a 900 square foot 3 car. Plenty of room to move and storage as well. Trying to borrow ideas from this thread for organizing. Still need a tire rack and some more shelving. Need to hang ladders and other various items. A work in progress. Will have room for the lawnmower and a new snowblower, floor jack, small compressor, etc. I have a raised mop style sink with hot water as well. Thought about heating but it is fully insulated with insulated garage door as well. Should maintain about 40 in winter on coldest days. So far in 103 heat it is staying around 84 degrees in the blazing heat of late afternoon. So far so good.
As I previously mentioned, not fancy but functional and will suit my needs fine. My mechanic days are over but simple maintenance and cleaning of vehicles will be nice now!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Technically, this is the room over my garage, but it's the reason my garage hasn't been getting any love lately. It was unfinished storage, but had HVAC and electric in it. Still need to put a real light in, but I got the floors, walls, woodwork, and paint done. Almost ready for use.

View attachment 216122

Tear down the room, install a lift.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I am MKV but just cleaned up my garage and happy with the outcome. All new flooring, cabinets, lighting, shelving etc.

May I ask which brand floor tiles you used?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
How are they holding up so far? Deciding on flooring but can't decide if I want to ball out on swisstrax or go with something from Costco
They are holding up great. I really like them. They were the cheapest solution I could find. Only cost me 1200 to do a 3-car garage. They clean up well and still look great after a quick mop with some Mr Clean. The big difference between these and the other more expensive tiles is how much weight they could hold. You can't put a car on jackstands unless the jackstands have wide feet that disperse weight. If you use ones that don't they will cut into the tiles. Or if you have room you can use some wood underneath the legs.

The jackstands on the left (nice ones from AC) work fine the other ones will destroy the tile they are on.

This is what the floor looks like after being down for 3 years.

Last edited:

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
They are holding up great. I really like them. They were the cheapest solution I could find. Only cost me 1200 to do a 3-car garage. They clean up well and still look great after a quick mop with some Mr Clean. The big difference between these and the other more expensive tiles is how much weight they could hold. You can't put a car on jackstands unless the jackstands have wide feet that disperse weight. If you use ones that don't they will cut into the tiles. Or if you have room you can use some wood underneath the legs.

The jackstands on the left (nice ones from AC) work fine the other ones will destroy the tile they are on.

This is what the floor looks like after being down for 3 years.

Didn't know they can't handle standard jack stands. That's good info, thanks!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Some garage additions today...

Buddy gave me a retractable Schwaben work light, believe he got it as one of those free gifts from U-Line for ordering thousands of dollars worth of shit. Regardless, fits nice in the garage.

1639352435420.png

Also got a wall mount tire rack to hold the same buddies 3SDM wheels with shot tires that we might eventually finish getting cleaned up and sold lol. If anybody wants a super cheap set of staggered 3SDM 0.05's, lmk. At least for now they're off the floor and not taking up space there...

1639352544293.png

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Looking great. That space where your work bench is looks clutch. Also nice dirt bike. Mind I ask what it is and what year?
Thank you. It's actually 1 of 5 (soon to be 6) hunks of old Japanese steel I have here. This one is my second favorite, and i'm slowly cleaning it up with the hopes to have it back on the road this spring. It's a 1982 Suzuki SP250. Single cyl 4 stroke thumper, super fun bike.

here's a better pic. It's far from perfect but I snagged it last year off the original owner for a song.