GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Finally a garage I can call my own. No more driving the car to the parents for hand washes.

Attachments

• PXL_20210502_015611259.jpg
    PXL_20210502_015611259.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
  • PXL_20210502_060754795.jpg
    PXL_20210502_060754795.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 195

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
New house so the garage is a work in progress.

Started with some overhead storage from Costco, SafeRacks:

Tight fit with the Tiguan. I should have measured a little better but I'm 5'10 and I would say clearance is 6ft. I may raise this later

Then added 4 4ft shop lights:

Then I was convinced to paint...which I'm glad I did. I was going for just all white when I found some pics online of the colors I wanted to do immediately. DIY, and I'm new to painting. Strip wasn't perfect as I had a little bleed but overall I'm happy.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Tight fit with the Tiguan. I should have measured a little better but I'm 5'10 and I would say clearance is 6ft. I may raise this later

Then I was convinced to paint...which I'm glad I did. I was going for just all white when I found some pics online of the colors I wanted to do immediately. DIY, and I'm new to painting. Strip wasn't perfect as I had a little bleed but overall I'm happy.

Painting was the right call. Makes it look that much better.

And makes me want to paint mine...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

My advice is raise the racks now before they're full of stuff.

That was the best thing I did in my garage. Freed up so much space.

The paint looks awesome.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Painting was the right call. Makes it look that much better.

And makes me want to paint mine...

Thanks! I wasn't at first because I was being lazy. My wife kept telling me I should and then when I researched and found the colors...I was like that's the look I want!

My advice is raise the racks now before they're full of stuff.

That was the best thing I did in my garage. Freed up so much space.

The paint looks awesome.

I don't have much stuff on the rack now and need to make take measurements to figure out the best height but for sure I don't want to have too much stuff on there before I make the adjustment.

Thanks for the compliment on the paint!

Pleatia

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GMC, VW Wkendr, mk7
From the old. Love our old home but the old 1 car garage I will not miss one we move to the new home. The Eurovan does fit however and it hides in there during winter and hail season.

Attachments

• BEDDF2A7-03DA-49CF-AA6C-D1EB91E835FA.jpeg
    BEDDF2A7-03DA-49CF-AA6C-D1EB91E835FA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
  • 5A5AF864-A2FD-433F-B6AD-DFAF632DCB35.jpeg
    5A5AF864-A2FD-433F-B6AD-DFAF632DCB35.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 103

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Hello friend, that's very similar to mine!! Except your floor looks much nicer, haha. I like the gray you chose better than the one I did. (pardon the woodworking equipment, I don't have a good wide shot with my GTI):

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Technically, this is the room over my garage, but it's the reason my garage hasn't been getting any love lately. It was unfinished storage, but had HVAC and electric in it. Still need to put a real light in, but I got the floors, walls, woodwork, and paint done. Almost ready for use.

PXL_20210606_212104473.jpg