GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
All three walls in my garage are block. It's painted white, but it's block. I know you can put drywall up over it but that seems excessive to me. To build it out enough to insulate and drywall would take a fair amount of space off at each side.

The ceiling is open. There are horizontal joists but that's it, you can see through up to the rafters and underside of the roof decking. I kinda like that part because if I wanted to put a lift in the posts could fit between the joists (if the joists were not high enough to accomodate a lift, I haven't measured). But...the floor is in no shape to have a lift installed.

So my garage will stay cold and liftless.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Best thing I could do for my garage at this point is get a shed to move stuff out of it. It's cluttered up with lawn care stuff, and my daughter's outdoor toys.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It’s been a long road, but I finally get a chance to post in this thread.... due to moving.... I finally have one!

excuse the empty boxes and crap on the left.... still clearing out from the move.

09360261-42AF-4FDA-8F5E-04680AEA3FEF.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It’s been a long road, but I finally get a chance to post in this thread.... due to moving.... I finally have one!

excuse the empty boxes and crap on the left.... still clearing out from the move.

View attachment 206906
Ohhhh yeahhhhh. Congrats

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Does your wife know that you're using the dining room rug for an oil drip pan?:p
shhhh....it'll tell me if I ever have a Class III leak lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Gotta put the old dog bowl rug somewhere

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Since I was finally able to get a shed, was able to clean up my garage and reclaim a ton of space. From one year ago:

IMG_20200307_204220.jpg

To today (wide angle shot makes it look much longer than it is):

20210321_192136.jpg