GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'd love to have a shed just for the mower and other outdoor tools, but sadly, the HOA doesn't allow it 😐

In that case shelves above the garage door and up high on the walls is a good compromise.

My buddy Rick lives in town and is short on space, so we’ve been modding his garage and attic for maximum useful storage space.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I'm in the same boat. I'm already trying to think of creative garage solutions to keep it from feeling cramped. Part of why I love this thread; full of great ideas.

I hate HOA. I was bound by a lot of things in my post homes and these old post-retired ready to die folks knickknack'ed about everything. I had many friends on the HOA board so got away with a lot of borderline things. No HOA at my current residence.

But our village has a lot of new zoning restrictions that were created after my house was built. For example houses built in the last 20yrs are limited to max 3 car garage with a space of 750sq ft. My house was built in the 80's and no such restriction then. Unless I re-pour the foundation, my house along with a very few others in the community are allowed the full 900-920sq ft space for a '3 car' garage..

I still minimize foot print of my workbench, tool cases, and use as much mobile carts/creepers where I can to save space. My garage theme is basically a play room.

1606236176576.png

1606236216453.png

1606240610707.png

1606236269575.png

Last edited:

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
In that case shelves above the garage door and up high on the walls is a good compromise.

My buddy Rick lives in town and is short on space, so we’ve been modding his garage and attic for maximum useful storage space.

I've done shelves above the garage door and along the back wall of the 2 car side, and the single car bay (it's a L shaped 2+1) has an attic above it that I'm going to lay plywood down to get some extra storage. At least the garage is oversized, but when the time comes to get a 3rd car, I'm going to have to get creative......

I hate HOA. I was bound by a lot of things in my post homes and these old post-retired ready to die folks knickknack'ed about everything. I had many friends on the HOA board so got away with a lot of borderline things. No HOA at my current residence.

Ideally, I'd like to avoid an HOA in my next house. They aren't very active to the point that you can't do basic landscaping without approval, but a shed wouldn't fly. I didn't submit requests for either the fence or playset and never had an issue. At least we have 2 pools, they take good care of the common area, and dues are cheap.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

But our village has a lot of new zoning restrictions that were created after my house was built. For example houses built in the last 20yrs are limited to max 3 car garage with a space of 750sq ft. My house was built in the 80's and no such restriction then. Unless I re-pour the foundation, my house along with a very few others in the community are allowed the full 900-920sq ft space for a '3 car' garage..

I still minimize foot print of my workbench, tool cases, and use as much mobile carts/creepers where I can to save space. My garage theme is basically a play room.

View attachment 193777
View attachment 193778
View attachment 193791
View attachment 193779

With an STI and Supra, I'm kind of doubting it's "Golfs everyday"...

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion

SICK GARAGE!!!!!!! I am curious, why do you keep all of your hoods popped? And what is plugged in under the Supra?

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI

View attachment 193777
View attachment 193778
View attachment 193791
View attachment 193779

You sir win at life.