GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Really depends how much time one spends in the garage and what they do in there. I like to relax and have a drink and stuff in the garage besides working on bolt-ons (nothing serious), detailing, cosmetic stuff, so lots of usable space around the cars, lighting, and cleanliness is critical. But if that's not what you do, who cares.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i feel your pain from my previous situation which thank spaghetti monster is fixed.

How do you get in your car- through the hatch? I used to have to roll my car backward (in neutral) to have enough space to get out, then push it forward to fit in the garage. and put a block behind the wheel so it doesnt roll back again.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
i feel your pain from my previous situation which thank spaghetti monster is fixed.

How do you get in your car- through the hatch? I used to have to roll my car backward (in neutral) to have enough space to get out, then push it forward to fit in the garage. and put a block behind the wheel so it doesnt roll back again.
Lol!
I left a little niche in the clutter to open the driver’s door just enough to squeeze out between a tire stack and a the lawn mower!

B9F18516-E1F5-40A3-950B-B5D8C9530F0E.jpeg

It’s chaos in there!

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
don't gain weight this winter! lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1606160685723.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Really depends how much time one spends in the garage and what they do in there. I like to relax and have a drink and stuff in the garage besides working on bolt-ons (nothing serious), detailing, cosmetic stuff, so lots of usable space around the cars, lighting, and cleanliness is critical. But if that's not what you do, who cares.

So true.

4 kids so about 9 bikes, tricycles, power wheels.
I do my own yard work, so lawnmower, trimmer, all kinds of lawn, potions and a thousand other things.

All kinds of tools that I rarely use. Bins for plumbing stuff, another for electrical, car cleaning, car repair, old car parts, wheels, tires, house paint.

Chairs, coolers, elliptical, luggage

old baby stuff, cribs, bed, swing, car seats, multiple strollers.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
So true.

I do my own yard work, so lawnmower, trimmer, all kinds of lawn, potions and a thousand other things.

All kinds of tools that I rarely use. Bins for plumbing stuff, another for electrical, car cleaning, car repair, old car parts, wheels, tires, house paint.

Yes, as you said, it's all about priorities. I always had an organized garage, but only after my kids were older and didn't need to hang their bikes and stuff in the garage did I get into more of a car lounge theme.

This is just my preference, but I don't want to see yard tools and other non-car related stuff in my garage as it's a place for me to relax. My one Tern bicycle is hanging on a garage wall because it is cool, but everything non-car related is either in my shed or basement storage. I hire a landscaping company for all yard work so I do not own lawn equipment. I have a snow thrower and a few snow shovels and a bucket of icemelt in the garage temporarily during the winter season, but that's it. Spring comes around, I move everything out of the garage.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So true.

Sounds like you need a yard sale and a shed. I never thought I’d own a shed but man is it nice to keep all the clutter out of the garage and shop.

Shed for outdoor stuff, attached garage for the wife, her Burb and stuff (plus kids bikes/toys), overhang on the shop for over flow (my tractor and my dads Cummins here for his SC winter ride when he escapes Ohio winter)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I want to get just something like an 8' x 8' shed for the lawn mower and yard stuff. Don't have anywhere near as much stuff as Jake, but it's taking up precious room in the garage!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I want to get just something like an 8' x 8' shed for the lawn mower and yard stuff. Don't have anywhere near as much stuff as Jake, but it's taking up precious room in the garage!

You’d be amazed how much stuff you can cram into a shed! The picture I took doesn’t show all the crap stuff in the rafters and hung on the walls. Since it’s out of sight out of mind you can make great use of the space