GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Nice garage, GolfRRRR1. Looks like you are running the same lawn irrigation system as me. :D

I believe oddspyke is doing the side mount garage door opener, so might want to check with him.
My garage runs 3 Chamberlain overhead belt WiFi openers. Ceiling is a hair too low to do car storage lifts so went with the overhead. Had I waited to have the ceiling redone to vaulted, then can easily place storage lifts.. but too late now. I can still park 4 cars if I wanted to but only parking 3 cars and storage/work space. My other 3 cars are outside.
I was going to run side mounted, but my builder somehow checked the wrong box at some point and gave me free overhead ones. I'll eventually swap them, but going with free for now.

Photo update - I'm halfway painted and unpacked:
IMG_20201111_132446_01.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I use two Liftmaster 8500 openers on 10 x 10 doors. Openers work great. The remote lights are another story. I gave up on them. View attachment 192148

I've wanted to do this if the doors roll/fold up so you can put storage on the ceiling without worrying about the door. Do yours go into the garage or roll/fold up.

Edit : nvm. Just saw the 2nd pics

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Looks good M3bs1! Yeah, 12ft is what I needed. Mine is like 11ft 5in..

I was going to run side mounted, but my builder somehow checked the wrong box at some point and gave me free overhead ones. I'll eventually swap them, but going with free for now.

It's coming along! Looks good and looks like you too have plenty of ceiling height for a lift.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I'd keep the ZL1 1LE for a few more years if you can. Fun fact, seeing that Camaro, I was lucky enough to drive the ZL1 1LE that was the test car driven on the Nürburgring ( Nordschleife) by GM (7:16.04), I also drove the ZL1 which set the lap time @ (7:29.6) by Drew Cattell, and lastly I drove the development mule for the Gen 5 Z/28 two years before it debuted.
Honk, honk, sorry tooting my own horn, you forget these things then they pop in your head. I work for GM marketing as an independent contractor.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I also use liftmaster side mount and it is soooo quiet!! I also got a $25 LED light with motion sensor and mounted it in the corner of my garage. So when I open the door the light comes on.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I also use liftmaster side mount and it is soooo quiet!! I also got a $25 LED light with motion sensor and mounted it in the corner of my garage. So when I open the door the light comes on.
I think the side mount is the one for me. What light? Something off Amazon? Did you wire it to the garage door opener?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie

That's cool. My garage also has multiple motion sensor lights and the garage door openers also turn on with motion... so I can have a handful of stuff in my hands to take into the garage and I just continue walking and the garage basically lights up corner to corner on its own.

I also have these magnet motion sensing cabinet lights stuck on the inside of my tall cabinets where they light up when I open the door. It's very convenient.