GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Son going back to college next week so my beer fridge goes too :confused:. Prompted wife to say we get a side by side and sell the huge chest freezer taking up a LOT of space in front of my car. That gets replaced by an extension of my tiny worktop bench and now I can move all my reloading stuff into the man cave instead of it being in one of the guestrooms. AND have somewhere to keep the beer cold. Winner, winner!

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Just got a 4 year old Whirlpool SXS from the used appliance store for $245. 26cf. gets very cold, and is in great shape. Probably sell the chest freezer for that much so net cost will be damn near $0. Oh, and it holds way more beer than the son's mini-fridge :).

Last edited:

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Speaking of fridge for the garage, I worked on moving things around a little bit in preparation for the main wall decorating later this week. Moved the fridge to the adjacent wall as the thing was interfering with the overall theme of the main wall. Spackled up a few dings, will sand them down and touch up before I start. I want to give the garage a little more retro color, but not too much as I'm not into antique vehicles nor that real antique vibe.

I also got 3x5ft banners on order.. Gazoo Racing and STI.. still looking for a cool VW or R logo banner in 3x5ft size.
Starting to think about removing all the decals I sticker bombed my workbench and mobile carts with over the last few decades for a simpler cleaner look..

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of fridge for the garage, I worked on moving things around a little bit in preparation for the main wall decorating later this week. Moved the fridge to the adjacent wall as the thing was interfering with the overall theme of the main wall. Spackled up a few dings, will sand them down and touch up before I start. I want to give the garage a little more retro color, but not too much as I'm not into antique vehicles nor that real antique vibe.

I also got 3x5ft banners on order.. Gazoo Racing and STI.. still looking for a cool VW or R logo banner in 3x5ft size.
Starting to think about removing all the decals I sticker bombed my workbench and mobile carts with over the last few decades for a simpler cleaner look..
Sounds good - let's see it man!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
At least you have a garage. I only have a carport.

I feel ya.....same here. Although I did throw up an EZ up for some sort of coverage from the sun/rain if needed.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
No worries, my daily driver is outside under a car cover since April.. I was hoping the pandemic would be over by now and would be having discussions on when I would go back to the office for work and start my business travels again, but things seems to have worsened no thanks to the folks that reside in some white colored house. I wonder if they would change the name to just The House.

Anyway, my wall decor project took a little stumble... my son came by yesterday to take a picture and we photoshopped what I wanted to do and we both tilted our heads in confusion looking like that Liberty Mutual Limu..

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
No worries, my daily driver is outside under a car cover since April.. I was hoping the pandemic would be over by now and would be having discussions on when I would go back to the office for work and start my business travels again, but things seems to have worsened
Me too! Covercraft FTW!

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
FINALLY have our garage at the new house tidied enough to get the GTI in. Still some work to be done but feels good to get in there.
IMG_20200920_134505656_HDR.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Got two 4x8' fleximount overhesd storage racks. Set one up over my car. So much more room for parts- i mean, activities now!

PS- That massive oil stain under the car is NOT from me but the previous homeowner! I have tried everything to remove it and wouild have to either coat over it or resurface the floor, neither of which options are really something i wanna go through at the moment.

20200922_091145.jpg

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i know! i parked outside for two nights just to be daaamn sure... haha. its supposed to hold ~5-600 lbs, i figure i only have about 250-300 on there.