GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I can't remember where it was, but there was a town with a bunch of garages with super short and steep driveways. I was like there is no way in heck my cars would clear that.. I've actually had several car dream nightmares after seeing that town..

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'll have to take a look at paint and see what I can do.

Oh about that incline.. I've scraped too many times to count. Being lowered around 2 inches all the way around I have to approach at a crazy angle and 3-wheel my way up most times :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I'm getting better though!

InkedIMG_5882_LI.jpg

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah white would be the color I'd paint them. Would look super clean.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Oh about that incline.. I've scraped too many times to count. Being lowered around 2 inches all the way around I have to approach at a crazy angle and 3-wheel my way up most times :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I'm getting better though!

Yeah, that town I remember had an incline much severe than yours, but still, I think only my Forester will be able to clear that without scraping..!

Regarding the paint, I guess it all depends how long you plan to stay at this place. It looks new..?

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah they're brand new. First people ever in the unit.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
No need to scrape your cars driving in and out, make up some wooden ramps & lay them on the gound as you enter / leave your garage, prop them up just inside the door when not in use. Similar subject; the wind will often try to blow my 'up & over' garage door shut and onto my car. But: ha-ha!, I use an extendable clothes prop (pole used to hold up washing line) to keep the door firmly open as I do my thing ;)....

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Nice. Nothing like renting a brand new place. Hope you enjoy your stay. Do you plan to own a house in the future?

Thanks! Yeah I do plan to own a house in the future.

No need to scrape your cars driving in and out, make up some wooden ramps & lay them on the gound as you enter / leave your garage, prop them up just inside the door when not in use. Similar subject; the wind will often try to blow my 'up & over' garage door shut and onto my car. But: ha-ha!, I use an extendable clothes prop (pole used to hold up washing line) to keep the door firmly open as I do my thing ;)....

That's actually what I was looking at building! It seems like a pretty inexpensive and fun project.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Or if you are as lazy as I am, just lay a couple of lengths of wood to fill in any dips. Once owned motorcycles, kept in a shed which was 6" off the gound, threw down a length of '2 x 4' (old gate post) to make access easier. There's almost always a way....

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Or if you are as lazy as I am, just lay a couple of lengths of wood to fill in any dips. Once owned motorcycles, kept in a shed which was 6" off the gound, threw down a length of '2 x 4' (old gate post) to make access easier. There's almost always a way....

If there is a HOA at the complex (which usually are at condo's and townhouses) they could notice the planks and most likely call it a violation with fines unless you remove it.

HOA was one of the main reasons why I moved out of a townhouse I owned.. I thought the community contracted lawn and snow removal service would be well worth it.. but with a car hobby HOA often times got in the way. And mostly run by bitter people who should have already expired, they got super nit picky because they apparently have nothing better to do and want to tell people what to do.

My wife and I currently own a house with no HOA in a nice quiet neighborhood. Everyone (less a few exceptions) takes care of their property out of mutual respect and it's a real nice community. I hired a lawn care service and for snow I bought a biggish snow blower which is my winter toy. I feel bad that my daily driver is under a car cover parked on the driveway the last few months as it is an eye sore..

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
I get it 100%, the flat I lived in at the timne was part of a complex, everyone knew I was into bikes but I didn't make (much) mess or (much) noise, the 2 x 4 was just laying on the ground in front of my shed, I told folk what I was up to and no-one commented, let alone complained. Quoting my own earlier post "make up some wooden ramps & lay them on the ground as you enter / leave your garage, prop them up just inside the door when not in use". In other words as long as whatever precations you take are not permanent fixtures and don't get in other folks' way, likely no-one will be bothered. I find it's often a good idea to launch a 'preventative strike' as it were and mention to folk, especially the local 'nosey parker' or those most likely to complain or create stress, that you are just trying to protect you car & not build a massive garage, even if you'd like to. Easier to keep folk 'on side' as much as possible, helps make the (Golf) world go 'round....