GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

BigLips19

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE 6MT
I figured page 69 was as good a page as any to add my neverending garage journey.

So March 2022 we bought a house with a detached 2 car garage - it was in rough shape with (maybe?) 1 outlet and one overhead light, vines growing in from the outside, a full block structure and missing windows. I had a pretty good setup at our last place, but now that this was our first house I wanted to have a workshop that was totally my own. My main love is bikes, so having a proper space for storing and working on bikes was crucial. The basement had low ceilings that wouldn’t cut it, so I accepted that the garage was going to need some work and it would be a long term project.

PXL_20220327_201450788.jpg

Fast forward 6 months and a tree helped me out - amazingly the only damage to the house was a bent gutter and one window was cracked. Being a new homeowner I didn’t realize this was why people had insurance, but they came through and we were going to get a freshly built garage out of it.

PXL_20220906_211008599.jpg

Dealing with the people assigned to rebuilding the garage was a nightmare, it took over a year before it was mostly done and we stopped dealing with them and did the rest of the work ourselves. I knew if this was going to be a proper workshop I’d want to do it right (and it meant I could get all the bikes out of the basement). So I tried some cement repair then the wife and I scrubbed the cement floor clean and epoxied. Next came a sliding bike rack, a killer bike stand from a buddy, shelving, figuring out storage/wall space, adding lots more lighting, getting my old bike-shop toolbox into the garage and another one too. My father in law was a huge help here, not only with ideas but labor too and he helped us turn the attic space into additional storage with a pull down ladder and some plywood. Most recently I built myself a workbench, and have now been trying to figure out the final organization bits between car tools, house tools, bike tools and more.

PXL_20230724_184500527.jpg
PXL_20221222_230954506.jpg
PXL_20230420_221221668.jpg
PXL_20230510_215024173.jpg
PXL_20230809_224029224.jpg
PXL_20240120_225720954.jpg
PXL_20240428_193102676.jpg

Am I finished? Absolutely not, but I'm proud of the progress I've made so far and I can't wait to optimize this space even further.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I figured page 69 was as good a page as any to add my neverending garage journey.

So March 2022 we bought a house with a detached 2 car garage - it was in rough shape with (maybe?) 1 outlet and one overhead light, vines growing in from the outside, a full block structure and missing windows. I had a pretty good setup at our last place, but now that this was our first house I wanted to have a workshop that was totally my own. My main love is bikes, so having a proper space for storing and working on bikes was crucial. The basement had low ceilings that wouldn’t cut it, so I accepted that the garage was going to need some work and it would be a long term project.

View attachment 306007

Fast forward 6 months and a tree helped me out - amazingly the only damage to the house was a bent gutter and one window was cracked. Being a new homeowner I didn’t realize this was why people had insurance, but they came through and we were going to get a freshly built garage out of it.

View attachment 306008

Dealing with the people assigned to rebuilding the garage was a nightmare, it took over a year before it was mostly done and we stopped dealing with them and did the rest of the work ourselves. I knew if this was going to be a proper workshop I’d want to do it right (and it meant I could get all the bikes out of the basement). So I tried some cement repair then the wife and I scrubbed the cement floor clean and epoxied. Next came a sliding bike rack, a killer bike stand from a buddy, shelving, figuring out storage/wall space, adding lots more lighting, getting my old bike-shop toolbox into the garage and another one too. My father in law was a huge help here, not only with ideas but labor too and he helped us turn the attic space into additional storage with a pull down ladder and some plywood. Most recently I built myself a workbench, and have now been trying to figure out the final organization bits between car tools, house tools, bike tools and more.

View attachment 306009View attachment 306010View attachment 306011View attachment 306012View attachment 306013View attachment 306014View attachment 306015

Am I finished? Absolutely not, but I'm proud of the progress I've made so far and I can't wait to optimize this space even further.
Nice shop! I also really enjoy riding and working on bikes.

BigLips19

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE 6MT
^Nice work!

Nice shop! I also really enjoy riding and working on bikes.

Thanks! It's currently a shit show but I should be able to get it under control in the next few weeks.

The last 7ish months I've been relegated to Zwift cause of a shoulder injury and surgery (and convenience frankly), but should be cleared to get back on trails in a week or so!