GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
Get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. Cut a hole in the lid. Stick in the pressure washer nozzle, hold down trigger for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, measure how much water is in the bucket.
Instructions unclear, wiener stuck in 5 gallon bucket

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Added more storage, still need to figure out what to do with all the kids random toys.
IMG_4694.jpeg
IMG_4695.jpeg
IMG_4696.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I used this at the house we just sold, they feel really strong. I had the kids toys, Christmas deco and random tools on them. And they are a US Veteran-owned company, so that was a plus for me.
https://saferacks.com/

The main issue is the kids use those ride on toys and bikes almost every day, so hanging them up is a bigger inconvenience than having them in the way of the storage cabinets.

14’ ceilings make that an even bigger issue, so outside of building a bike rack to fit the remaining wall space I’ll probably just live with the temporary while they’re young floor clutter.

Those volvos are just so damn pretty

It’s really grown on me, being extremely photogenic & my favorite boring color helps!

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Living in hurricane alley with overhead power lines, we lose power often during storms. Power was out for 9 days during the last storm. Had our electrician install View attachment 305847a hookup so we can back feed the house and run AC. I’ve wanted this for years.

How much did that run if you don’t mind me asking? I have a generator and it would be nice to have a whole house hookup.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
He used to charge $75/hr but maybe since this was outside in the heat? Materials included a new 200amp panel, generac 240v hookup with cable and the associated breakers.

Attachments

• IMG_4492.jpeg
    IMG_4492.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 41

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Thanks. I figured it was going to be $$$$

I have no vacant breakers, so I need to upgrade to the combo ones. Getting our hot tub wired in was $1000 and that was in 2018 prices :(

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
How much did that run if you don’t mind me asking? I have a generator and it would be nice to have a whole house hookup.

My dad is a Winco generator dealer if anyone’s interested.

We could also do a group by in the Charlotte area, which would split the $165 flat rate freight as many ways as we want.

https://www.wincogen.com/

They manufacture in the USA, and have everything from PTO or small portable all the way up to full size industrial.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
He used to charge $75/hr but maybe since this was outside in the heat? Materials included a new 200amp panel, generac 240v hookup with cable and the associated breakers.

I feel $100 an hour is more than fair, especially for your area on the coast.

Licensed & insured contractors generally run $100-300 an hour so unless you’re getting a buddy deal or trading labor that’s a solid price (will add more than that in equity for your home as well).

My next door neighbor, who just so happens to be an electrician by trade, did a big natural gas (had the line run under our road & meter set) standby generator with a automatic transfer switch. Definitely big money investment, but everything will just continue to get more expensive.

IMG_9764.jpeg