GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
Got two 4x8' fleximount overhesd storage racks. Set one up over my car. So much more room for parts- i mean, activities now!

PS- That massive oil stain under the car is NOT from me but the previous homeowner! I have tried everything to remove it and wouild have to either coat over it or resurface the floor, neither of which options are really something i wanna go through at the moment.

View attachment 186623
An easy option would be to stain the bare concrete, you could do kind of a calico thing and wouldn’t notice the spot. A coating such as expoxy may not adhere to the oil regardless of how well it’s cleaned and etched. I like that tint BTW.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Less than a month to go...
More pictures to follow once I'm moved in and have the floor epoxy coated.

IMG_20200914_173108.jpg

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Less than a month to go...
More pictures to follow once I'm moved in and have the floor epoxy coated.

View attachment 187852
The three car garage set up is nice and the super wide wide driveway is the cherry-on-top. Loads of room for maneuvering around / shooting 3s!

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
They're letting me epoxy the floor before closing. Power wash, scrub and etch complete. More pictures to follow once the coating goes on.

PXL_20201024_152206706.jpg

PXL_20201024_152154159.jpg

I thought they were going to paint it, I might try to do that tomorrow.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
They're letting me epoxy the floor before closing. Power wash, scrub and etch complete. More pictures to follow once the coating goes on.

View attachment 189700
View attachment 189701

I thought they were going to paint it, I might try to do that tomorrow.
I love an epoxy floor but would prioritize painting the walls over getting that done.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I love an epoxy floor but would prioritize painting the walls over getting that done.
No, any paint on the floor has to get removed before the epoxy, giant pain. Now if I drip paint it'll come right up.

Still a little uneven while it dries/cures, but it's looking good. I didn't do the vertical concrete cause I'm thinking about doing something fun with it, like a red stripe at the bottom.

PXL_20201024_220419706.jpg

PXL_20201024_220430436.jpg

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
^ Looks good. How big is your garage?

I accidentally knocked a can of paint for my dry wall off my step ladder earlier this summer, made a huge splash, and it cleaned right up (epoxy'ed floor with white/gray/black flakes) with just water and a sponge mop.

Dried paint comes right off as well with a wet paper towel if fresh.

Next time though, I'm going to get tiles like at car dealers.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
^ Looks good. How big is your garage?

I accidentally knocked a can of paint for my dry wall off my step ladder earlier this summer, made a huge splash, and it cleaned right up (epoxy'ed floor with white/gray/black flakes) with just water and a sponge mop.

Dried paint comes right off as well with a wet paper towel if fresh.

Next time though, I'm going to get tiles like at car dealers.
The 2 car side is pretty standard, 21'x21.5'. the third car area is a nice and roomy 21'x14'. All 3 cars will be inside all the time, with some room to spare for tools and a little storage.