GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Has anyone ever done a professionally installed floor coating? I've always done epoxy coating myself, but it typically needs to be fixed every 4-6 years. I am getting a quote from a place that offers a lifetime warranty. Just curious if anyone else has used them or something similar and what they thought.

Pinnacle Concrete

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Has anyone ever done a professionally installed floor coating? I've always done epoxy coating myself, but it typically needs to be fixed every 4-6 years. I am getting a quote from a place that offers a lifetime warranty. Just curious if anyone else has used them or something similar and what they thought.

Pinnacle Concrete

Whatever coating you go with get a smooth finish so it's easy to clean. That one on the site you posted looks rough and if you spill something or if oil drips on it you won't get it clean.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I went the bare concrete route. It’s a working garage. Didn’t want to worry about damaging a pretty coating.
3A63F78B-8CDD-4970-A851-DD61309EBDDE by m3bs, on Flickr
Same. Also, in regards to smooth vs texture you can slip easier on smooth. Even on my concrete floor I often slip getting out of the car if my sandals are wet (i.e. after a wash). Almost bit it a few times. You want something that provides a bit of grip if you live where it snows or rains.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Did my own using the epoxy coat kit. Much thicker than standard coating, should last a long time.

Attachments

• 20200530_171810.jpg
    20200530_171810.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 133

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
oooh... I didn't realize this was a thing.
Pics of my spot. I need ramps to get it there, but it's where the car lives all winter. The rest of the garage is a nothing special 2 car with ancient shelves and too much clutter and kids toys.

I like your idea of putting an office desk in the garage. During the pandemic I seriously considered doing this, but ended up just borrowing a computer cart thingie from my wife and using our music lounge inside the house as my office I only have a Surface-Pro and iPhone.

I did a work video-conference from my garage workbench once and ended up a show-and-tell seminar for tools..

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
oooh... I didn't realize this was a thing.
Pics of my spot. I need ramps to get it there, but it's where the car lives all winter. The rest of the garage is a nothing special 2 car with ancient shelves and too much clutter and kids toys.

View attachment 181597

And you win the award for only acceptable use of the stock Lyons

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
At least you have a garage. I only have a carport.

I always forget that with my garage. I have a pretty standard sized single car garage, 13' x 22', and always wish I had something bigger or a two car garage, etc... Have to dial it back sometimes and remember at least I have a garage big enough to work in.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I always forget that with my garage. I have a pretty standard sized single car garage, 13' x 22', and always wish I had something bigger or a two car garage, etc... Have to dial it back sometimes and remember at least I have a garage big enough to work in.

Same.

Could always have more space. But I've never complained about the space I have.

I can fit all 3 of our vehicles (my car, my wife's Tiguan, and my Tacoma) in the garage and the worst part about it is that I have to set up ramps for my car? Big deal... At least I have it as usable space.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Same.

Could always have more space. But I've never complained about the space I have.

I can fit all 3 of our vehicles (my car, my wife's Tiguan, and my Tacoma) in the garage and the worst part about it is that I have to set up ramps for my car? Big deal... At least I have it as usable space.

I don’t think anyone was knocking the space you have, but pouring a concrete ramp didn’t appear that it would be anything but an improvement on it.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I don’t think anyone was knocking the space you have, but pouring a concrete ramp didn’t appear that it would be anything but an improvement on it.

Ohh I feel you. It would make sense if it didn't destroy my primary garage space. A ramp that high needs to be 8 feet long to have any usable angle. Then I'd lose the flat/level space where my actual garage is.

It's secondary/long term use there. That space is empty the majority of the time (or used for projects/workshop type things). The car is there now for my turbo swap/fuel system upgrade. I won't be driving it for a month+. It can sit on jack stands and I still have a place for the other vehicles for the inbound tropical storm conditions.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Ohh I feel you. It would make sense if it didn't destroy my primary garage space. A ramp that high needs to be 8 feet long to have any usable angle. Then I'd lose the flat/level space where my actual garage is.

It's secondary/long term use there. That space is empty the majority of the time (or used for projects/workshop type things). The car is there now for my turbo swap/fuel system upgrade. I won't be driving it for a month+. It can sit on jack stands and I still have a place for the other vehicles for the inbound tropical storm conditions.

It’s really nice to have a spot that’s not blocking anything for long term stuff!