GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G37: GTI Surprise!

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
30 mph roll / Absolutely smashed him! Read about the car. Damn they're heavy!

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Never realized that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Believe it or not, the G37 sedans are lighter than the coupes too. They are quick for stock NA V6 sedans, but have nothing on a tuned MK7.

davo441

Ready to race!
My cousin has a g37 6speed manual a race him all the time. When I first bought the gti we race stock for stock the g37 pulled on me by half a car. Then I bought the power module and I was getting him by a bumper, now I'm ED stage1 and I'm gone no chance.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

themyst

Ready to race!
there was a rolling joke about all the G37s near where I live and how they'd get decimated by stock 335i without even trying. those things are slow. lol

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
I don't know much about "other" imports lol. But after looking at the specs, it was amazing how heavy these things are! Funny how guys on the street either have come to find out just how strong ours can run or others who just don't know. Definitely other cars can kick our ass, but for the money and comfort... damn I luv my car! I still want more power, but this is good enough for now.

soundmike

Passed Driver's Ed
The sedan is much lighter, i had a G35 myself. It did feel fast, but you feel the heft. Even after some decent DD-friendly weight savings, it still felt heavy. It's balanced enough that you don't feel much of it in the twisties though.

The GTI in stock form feels every bit as fast, if not faster, than my modded G was. It's also a lot more tossable (fun).

The performance potential on the GTI is also better, with a much lower cost to get there.

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!
The performance potential on the GTI is also better, with a much lower cost to get there.

Yes, I couldn't imagine what it would cost to get the G37 trapping the 1/4 mile at 112+mph.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that engine has been around a long time in one form or another. The original Murano even used a version of it, but it was very smooth in there SUV with the CVT I drove.

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!

Yes, I couldn't imagine what it would cost to get the G37 trapping the 1/4 mile at 112+mph.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that engine has been around a long time in one form or another. The original Murano even used a version of it, but it was very smooth in there SUV with the CVT I drove.

At stage 2, I beat a new 370Z with bolt ons, and the driver was pissed. I couldn't figure out why until I saw the female passenger laughing. Had him 2 car lengths from about 30mph-120mph. I think he expected to catch up as speeds increased, but I kept on pulling slightly.